Back in 2001, right before I was employed by Christian HELP Foundation, Inc. as their Marketing / Director for their CFEC program, I was very discouraged with my search for employment. I could not understand why so many doors were being closed and I did not know where else to turn. Then someone sent me these simple principles (listed below) to apply to my job search. I thought I would share them with other job seekers, in hopes they too may find something encouraging to help them get through another day, week, or month of their job search.
Apply these simple principles to the Job Search process.
"I want a job and I am willing to work. What can I do?"
1. Pray for God to direct your steps to become employed.
2. Thank God for His faithfulness to hear your prayers.
3. Claim your legal rights in Christ to have your needs met.
4. Ask for the strength and the ability to endure until you have the job.
5. Remain faithful in your search.
6. Look in the papers for the job.
7. Apply everywhere and anywhere that you would like to work.
8. Apply to places that you may not want to work at, but feel led to put in an application.
9. Tell everyone you know that you want to work.
10. Consistently apply for a job.
11. Visit a job service center for helpful ideas and suggestions.
12. Regularly look for job opportunities.
13. Faithfully submit your requests for a job to anyone and everyone.
14. Do not quit until you get a job.
15. Wait upon God for continued strength.
16. Wait upon God for continued guidance.
17. Wait upon God for doors to open.
18. Be ready to walk through the doors that God opens, even if you don't "love" it.
19. Be willing to listen for His still small voice.
20. Be open to God's ways which are higher than our ways.
21. Pray for wisdom to know the difference.
22. Pray for others that you know are seeking to have a job.
23. Pray for patience.
24. Wait upon God for His hand of blessing.
25. Remain thankful for all that you have already been blessed with.
26. Guard your mind against negatives.
27. Encourage yourself in the Lord by studying His Word.
28. Spend quiet time with God.
29. Pour out your heart before Him, seeking answers and guidance.
30. Wait for what is best for you--you are unique and deserve God's best.
31. Thoughtfully consider every suggestion offered to you, it may be God working in another way.
32. Be willing to enlarge your perspective, perhaps you know what you want to do, but you are underestimating your skills or worth.
33. Wait for God to move and work--while you are working to find work.
34. Make your desire to find a job your top priority.
35. Eat, drink, and sleep God's promises to meet your needs.
36. Eat, drink, and sleep your job search--seeking ways to become an employed individual.
37. Eat, drink, and sleep prayer concerning your search.
38. Ask for others to pray with and for you.
39. Ask God to help you humble yourself before Him, seeking His guidance.
40. Be diligent, consistent, and determined.
41. Resist the attacks from the adversary.
42. Refuse to quit.
43. Refuse to allow others to discourage you.
44. Forget what the world says about your situation.
45. Focus on what God says about your situation--you are more than a conqueror.
46. Help others in their job search with ideas and suggestions--lose yourself in giving to others.
47. Let God keep score on your efforts--He will reward you abundantly.
48. Be honest with yourself about whether or not you really want a job.
49. Be ready to grow when obstacles come your way.
50. Trust God to help you grow up in Him--in understanding, in wisdom, and in patience.
God Bless your job search!Sincerely,
CFEC Marketing Director
Christian HELP Foundation, Inc.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)