Financial Administrative Assistant
Central Baptist Church of Sanford, FL, is looking for a Bookkeeper preferably with AA or 2 years of accounting experience.
Must be a team player with ability to work well with others and has excellent communication and organizational skills.
Bookkeeper is responsible for the accuracy of the reporting and expense process of the organization.
Some of the responsibilities is to ensure the organizations compliance with general account controls, generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards.
Position requires strong ethical behavior in all business practices.
Would prefer knowledge of ShelbyNext Program but will be willing to train.
Needs to be proficient in Excel, Word, and familiar with Power Point.
The Financial Assistant is responsible to the Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor, Stewardship Team for the financial records and related work of the church.
The Financial Administrative Assistant will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Pastor in consultation with Lead pastor, Stewardship chairman and Executive Pastor’s assistant.
1. Maintain Accounts Receivable records for Designated and Budget Accounts and alert Administrator of any problem.
2. Maintain Accounts Payable: tracking incoming invoices to purchase orders, preparing invoices for payment, issuing and mailing checks.
3. Church Payroll: Prepare Bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll. Prepare monthly deposits of payroll taxes.
4. Quarterly and annual I.R.S. reports, W-2 forms, Tangible Tax Returns.
5. Prepare and mail corporate Annual Report
6. Provide financial information for Annual Church Profile.
7. Post all member contributions to personal records; send out contribution statements.
8. Order and distribute member contribution envelopes.
9. Work with Church Counting Committee in insuring correct deposits each week. This includes both online monetary gifts and physical monetary gifts.
10. Work with the Executive Pastor and Stewardship Team in the preparation of the Annual Budget.
11. When necessary assist for administration of legal matters.
12. Keep Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor, church Treasure abreast of current financial position of the Church.
13. Prepare monthly financial reports for review by the Executive Pastor, church treasure, Lead Pastor and Stewardship Team.
14. Prepare quarterly financials for church business conferences.
15. Closeout Financial Books each year and set up for new year with new budget for each budget line.
16. Program new payroll specifications for all employees.
17. Update Chart of Accounts each year.
18. Prepare Worker’s Compensation Insurance quarterly report on salaries and employees.
19. Be responsible for handling insurance claims/settlements under the supervision of the Executive Pastor.
20. Verify all purchase orders regarding availability of funds and keeping the Executive Pastor and Executive Pastor Administrative Assistant posted as to any over spending.