Reports To: Food Distribution / Facilities Manager
Work Hours: Typically Monday, Wednesday, And Friday 6:00am – 12:30 (or finish). Typically 20-25 hours per week.
Position Classification: Part Time Non-exempt $10.00 per hour
Date Prepared/Revised: 2/17 revision
Principle Function: Utilizing distinctively Christian care and values, conducts grocery store pickups and delivers food to the Pantry. Additionally responsible for food storage when necessary.
Minimum Qualifications: Faith filled follower of Jesus. Self-Starter, able to work independently and as a team; Ability to communicate in a respectful manner; Keeps clear, accurate logs; Alert to problems or issues that may arise; Organized and aware of time constraints; Ability to work a flexible schedule; Clean driving and safety record; Good physical stamina-ability to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly. Ability to pass background and drug testing.
Specific List of Responsibilities:
· Maintains clean driving record; uses caution and operates trucks in a responsible manner
· Picks up food from stores in a timely manner
· Builds relationships with store managers and department heads
· Communicates any store issues to the Food Distribution / Facilities Manager for resolution
· Reports any safety concerns or vehicle problems to Food Distribution / Facilities Manager
· Plans ahead in order to arrive at stores at designated pick up times
· Follows Christian HELP’s guidelines for food handling
· Keeps accurate logs of mileage usage, merchandise receipts and safety checks
· Keeps vans/truck in clean condition inside and out
· Brings vehicles for maintenance in accordance with predetermined schedules
· Helps to unload in the pantry when necessary
· Communicates any special needs to the Food Distribution / Facilities Manager when necessary
· Treats clients, staff, store personnel and volunteers with dignity and respect
· Works well with others and helps in building a cooperative ‘team’