This is a shift work position, working independently to service and maintain the assigned facilities and grounds to the standards set forth by the Department of Transportation contract.
This position requires physical presence at the assigned facilities.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Pressure Washing
• Assesses maintenance issues
• Repairs equipment and facilities
• Paints objects such as park benches and buildings
• Changes light bulbs
• Performs minor electrical and plumbing repairs
• Drives tractor with mower attachment to cut grass, and trims trees (location dependent)
• Drives mini dump truck with trailer
• May perform janitorial duties (location dependent)
• Supervisory Responsibilities
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension.
• Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Oral Communication - Responds well to questions. Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
• Must be willing to work in confined spaces.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred; experience with performing repairs is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations Driver's License is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Facility Tech job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
To Apply: Due to our overwhelming needs in the field, it is advised that all applicants visit the website to apply directly for faster processing at http://www.dbiservices.com/careers - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.