Donation Xpress Attendant FT
Windermere - Windermere, FL
Under the direction of the Donation Xpress Manager, tends donation center in designated location. Major duties include receiving donations, giving receipts, and assisting with lifting items.
1. Unlock donation center and place inside any items left outside from the previous evening after closing.
2. Greet each customer with a courteous, friendly and professional attitude; provide prompt, efficient, and accurate customer service at all times.
3. Politely and professionally receive donations from donors and issue donation receipts for articles donated (regardless of donation size); assist customers with lifting items in and out of their vehicles.
4. Sort donations as they arrive into proper carts or bins and make proper determination as to the quality of donations.
5. Price donations as directed by Donation Xpress Manager.
6. Secure donation center and equipment at closing and maintains donation center cleanliness.
7. Maintain well groomed appearance and appropriate dress code including name badge.
1. Provide general information to customers/donors.
2. Refer all donor complaints to management in a timely manner.
3. Maintain records such as daily reports, donor receipts or other records as needed.
4. Keep immediate supervisor informed of problems and suggestions.
5. Follow Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) procedures and other Public Protection Guidelines.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Store/General Manager.
The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Knowledge of retail and/or stock handling.
3. Ability to listen and follow directions.
4. Ability to work with little supervision.
5. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
6. Knowledge of textiles articles as related to garment classification (gowns, shirts, pants, etc.).
Education and/or Experience
Previous retail and/or stock handling experience is preferred.
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing and walking for long period of time.
4. Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull.
5. Sufficient mobility to turn from side to side and the ability to lean and remove items from containers.
6. Perform work outside and inside; exposure to weather conditions, dust, dirt, electricity, noise, fumes and chemicals.
7. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
License and Certifications:
This position does not require any certifications or licenses.
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic. Employment may be contingent upon Goodwill Industries of Central Florida receipt of an acceptable and job-related drug test, motor vehicle report, and/or reference check, as applicable and permissible by law.
Drug Free Workplace
Apply: Visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=32E954E2CDA35AB3EDFED87C404E3A85 to submit resume and application directly or to find the same job at a location near you in Central Florida – mention CFEC.org job posting when applying. If problems with this link visit https://www.goodwillcfl.org/ and then click careers.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.