Entry - Shop Mechanic
Entry - Shop Mechanic
Brand: Environmental Solutions
Company: Matthews International Corporation
Line of Business: Environmental
Location: Apopka, FL, US, 32703
The Entry Shop Mechanic fabricates, assembles, and manufactures cremation equipment, accessory equipment, and component items as instructed. Learns and comprehends the manufacturing, production, service, repair process and troubleshooting of equipment while assisting others in the fabrication, assembly and manufacturing of the equipment, accessories and components in the shop.
• Installs high temperature fire brick refractory lining and cement.
• Assists and/or performs electrical, plumbing, painting and applications.
• Assembles components and connections as directed by process and procedures.
• Installs components as required by prints.
• Completes any given task within allotted time and maintains a clean and orderly work area during and upon completion of tasks.
• Assists in the diagnostics and testing of machinery, equipment, components and parts for defects ensuring proper functioning.
• Helps diagnose electrical problems and assists production workers in the installation and re-wiring of electrical components.
• Masters all refractory and insulation repairs and their applications and ability to implement use in all types of units.
• Develops welding and cutting skills: ARC and MIG and oxyfuel cutting for plate, sheet, pipe and structural steels.
• Tends and observes equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
• Trains on the process of Design, welding and the fabrication of parts, using blueprints or other mechanical plans.
• Assists production workers in servicing, calibrating, repairing and rebuilding of equipment.
• Understands had can perform job responsibilities performed by helpers and assists others as requested or instructed.
• Possess a mechanical aptitude and adapts and/or learns quickly.
• Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma
• 0-2 years of previous manufacturing or assembly experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of refractory and insulation, their applications, and the ability to implement use in all types of units.
• Basic degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications.
• Basic analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
• Basic verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning).
• Basic understanding and application of mathematical concepts.
• Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work with and influence peers and management.
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
• Ability to work overtime as necessary.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• The noise level in the work environment may be high.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
The Matthews Environmental Solutions division of Matthews Memorialization is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of technologically advanced crematoria equipment, as well as cremation-related products and services. It is a total solutions provider for combustion products and services with a passion for the environment and success for our clients. We are a global leader in cremation equipment, waste incinerator systems, environmental solutions, service, parts, supplies, crematory management and memorial products. We have a passion for innovation and are committed to continually finding new solutions for a varied customer base.
Matthews Environmental Solutions and Matthews Memorialization are (MATW) Matthews International companies.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Matthews International endeavors to make our employment website and application process accessible to all users and applicants. In doing so, Matthews International provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation or assistance completing the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resource Team.
Nearest Major Market: Orlando
To Apply: To formally apply with MES visit https://careers.matw.com/EnvironmentalSolutions/search/?q=&q2=&alertId=&locationsearch=&title=&location=Apopka&date -Mention cfec job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.