Maintenance Technician II, Sanford
Maintenance Technician II
2100 Country Club Road
Sanford, FL, 32771
$28.00 - $31.00 / Hour
Facility, Maintenance, Manufacturing
The Maintenance Technician II is a skilled-level position responsible for performing medium-high skilled ongoing, quality general maintenance and repairs on facility equipment and property structures to keep the facility and common areas in the best possible condition.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School Diploma or GED.
· 3-5 years of experience as a maintenance technician.
· Strong maintenance background preferred.
· Strong mechanical background.
· Familiarity with shop equipment is a plus (lathes, mills, welders, etc.)
· Proficiency with electrical systems preferred.
· Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor and aerial lifts.
· Ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations and measurements.
· Must be able to work safely in a fast-paced production environment making appropriate decisions with limited direction and supervision.
· Ability to follow directions and specific instruction written, verbally or electronic.
· Ability to contribute to a team environment as an experienced maintenance technician.
· Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
· Excellent Organization Skills. Familiar with OSHA standards.
· Knowledge of proper power tool usage.
· Must be willing to work in compliance with the requirement of working in a food production environment.
· Must have basic computer skill and can utilize spreadsheets and email applications like Outlook.
· Must have the ability to read blue prints/schematics.
· Strong Communication Skills.
· Must be able to speak, read, and write legibly in English.
· Position requires exceptional attendance record.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensure the safety and legality of food.
· Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions.
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
· Locate electrical problems with use of DMM, with ability to understand electrical safety and procedures. (ARCFLASH).
· Follows all lockout/tagout procedures. With the knowledge and ability to write procedures.
· Controls machine downtime by informing production workers and supervisors of routine scheduled preventative maintenance as well as performing necessary maintenance.
· Maintains equipment and parts by checking stock to determine inventory levels and reporting parts or supplies needed to complete repair.
· Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment with the ability to be able to make sure the correct lubricants are being use for the situation.
· Program VFD’s on simple conveyor systems.
· Troubleshoot relays, switches and motors.
· Able perform a wide range of operations connected with maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, facility, chemical and mechanical processes (water, gas, air, hydraulic, Painting, building repair, sanitation procedures, calibration, electrical repair, Variable frequency drive. etc.).
· Works independently on advanced projects, and has the ability to plan out such projects.
· Able to take all production calls and the knowledge to determine which calls should be attended first in the product flow.
· Maintain a positive and constructive work environment within the department, management as well as with other departments and promote teamwork.
· Verify Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Safety standards (OSHA) are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted.
· Ensure all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively.
· Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
· Provide ongoing training with operations.
· Must be able to work additional hours or beyond standard schedule with little or no notice.
· Perform or assist with any operations to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
· Follow all safety and GMP procedures (including Lockout/Tagout).
· Support the daily operations responding to achieve performance goals. Troubleshoot and quickly repair equipment issues limiting production downtime to a minimum.
· Execute the assigned preventative maintenance issued including lubrication (using the proper lubricants for a food facility).
· Communicate with the maintenance leadership the specific needs including parts needed to complete repairs.
· Weekend work including some holiday should be expected as a way of life in the maintenance department.
· Performs other duties assigned as required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Determining timeframe: Never = 0 hours daily; Occasionally = 3 hours daily; Frequently = 3-6 hours daily; Constantly > 6 hours daily
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear; climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· Be able to stand, climb, lift, bend for at least an eight to twelve (8-12) hour period.
Be able to lift, carry, handle and grasp at least 35 lbs (Constantly).
Be able to lift, carry, handle and grasp at least 50 lbs (Occasionally).
Be able to lift, carry, handle and grasp at least 100 lbs with assistance.
Be able to lift up to 50 lbs. from waist to overhead and be able to lift from the floor to waist up to 50 lbs (Occasionally).
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high and will include, but not be limited to, production machinery, computers, printers, telephones, and normal communication. Hearing protection will be required for all in plant activities.
· Associates working certain line positions are required to adhere to the rotation schedule and move from position to position performing different task on a regular basis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Father’s Table is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, marital or veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation/gender identity, place of national origin and other categories protected by law are not factors in employment, promotion, compensation or working conditions.
TO APPLY: To apply directly, visit this opening at https://secure3.entertimeonline.com/ta/FATHERS.careers?CareersSearch or learn more about working for The Father’s Table at https://thefatherstable.com/careers/ . Reference this CFEC Job Posting
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.