Winter Park, FL
We are looking for a creative Pastry Chef to be responsible for crafting delicious desserts and confectionery, designing seasonal menus, and developing new recipes for the pastry section of our kitchen. You should be passionate about baking and be inspired to create masterpieces that go beyond our customers’ expectations.
To be successful in this role you must be well-versed in the culinary arts and adhere to strict standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the Executive and Sous Chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
• Adherence to all company policies as stated in the employee handbook.
• Physical Inventory (storage area, freezer, cooler, spice rack, bag-in-box area, expo area, line and service stations)
• Daily high-cost perpetual inventory
• Data Entry of Inventory, Purchases / Invoices, Sales and Ending Inventory for COGS Sheet
• Food COGS
• Follow order guides and understand F&O quality & pricing standards
• Review prior week’s labor to find areas of opportunity
• Schedules (coverage and costing)
• Daily and Weekly Food purchases
• Daily and Weekly Labor (dollars and percentage)
• New hire & Termination procedures
• Food par levels
• Par levels on Plate-ware and communicate with FOH
• Dish machine and chemical company
• Employee injury reports
• Weekly management meetings
• Pre-Shifts with staff
• Daily food inventory and ordering
• Labor management
• Overtime monitoring
• Product mix (appetizer, salads, sandwiches, entrée, specials and desserts)
• Product Rotation adheres (FIFO)
• Food quality and specification
• Recipe adheres
• Line checks
• Organization of back of house (storage, prep, line and dish areas)
• Sanitation standards (temperature logs, HACCP review, sanitation walkthroughs)
• Line of sight and attention to detail
• Teamwork and training
• Must ensure that all the recipes, food preparations as butchering, protein portions and presentations meet the
Restaurant's specifications and commitment to quality
• Monthly inventory
• Must have good communications skills
• Involved in events and menu changes and launches
• Daily specials
• Omakase Menus
• Communicate any issues, concerns or updates with chef and sous chefs
• Temp logs monitoring
• Kitchen opening and closing procedure
• Managerial skills of an entire BOH
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
College degree/Culinary school degree preferred, but not necessary
Minimum 2 years in a kitchen managerial role in a fast-paced, high-volume restaurant
Must have computer knowledge (Excel, Windows, POS, etc.)
A drive for perfection and a relentless commitment to the highest level of technique and respect the quality of ingredients
Career minded, punctual, reliable and desire to learn to move up in the ladder
Maintain pars and anticipate seasonal / business demands
Team player and adaptability, no egos / attitude
Respect among team members and management
Sense of urgency during day to day operation with integrity
Michelin star goal oriented
Career driven with stable job history
High volume and/or fine dining experience
No Third Party Agencies or Submissions will be accepted. Our company is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. DFWP Opportunities posted here do not create any implied or express employment contract between you and our company/ our clients and can be changed at our discretion and / or the discretion of our clients. Any and all information may change without notice. We reserve the right to solely determine applicant suitability. By your submission you agree to all terms herein.
To Apply: Visit https://ava.prismhr-hire.com today! Reference CFEC job posting when applying.