Faculty (Rank TBD)/Academic Director - Physician Assistant - Orlando - 994898
Job Number: 994898
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Orlando, Florida
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Job Category: Exempt
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
Subject to Grant Funding?: No
Essential Job Functions:
1. Directs and supervises the activities, and evaluates the performance, of the Academic Support Coordinator.
2. Provides guidance and direction to program faculty and staff involved in the coordination, support, and instruction of the academic curriculum.
3. Secures, orients, and evaluates new faculty members and adjunct faculty.
4. Provides critical liaison with appropriate offices, department and external agencies involved in medical and allied health education.
5. Develops, implements and modifies as necessary academic calendars for first-year and advanced didactic students.
6. Assists the Program Director with budget preparation and management, as well as problem-solving activities related to academic-year instruction and activities.
7. Prepares appropriate reports and necessary self-studies related to program accreditation.
8. In cooperation with the Curriculum Committee and core faculty, reviews and approves content and sequence of academic-year learning units.
9. Composes, edits, reviews and approves learning objectives and test items.
10. Secures, orients, and evaluates core and adjunct faculty for academic-year courses.
11. Provides timely and appropriate feedback for academic instructors in order to assist in improving teaching skills and outcomes.
12. Assist with preparation of handout materials, audiovisual and web-based resources, and any other assistance required by instructors.
13. Monitors test administration and results, and oversees all remediation activities as required, including coordination with the Student Progress Committee deliberations.
14. Assists the Program Director in evaluating teaching and learning effectiveness of the academic-year curriculum.
15. Reviews educational literature and learning media to keep abreast of new teaching/learning strategies.
16. Counsels students with academic and/or personal problems, referring to appropriate personnel or agencies as necessary and in a timely manner.
17. Provides comprehensive updates and progress reports of academic curriculum activities at faculty and staff meetings.
18. Serves on Department committees as necessary and as appointed by the Program Director, as well as appropriate College, HPD and University committees.
19. Composes, edits and continually reviews information for the Academic Year Handbook, publishing it annually and reviewing contents in detail with the incoming class.
20. Plans and coordinates orientation program of incoming class, including formulation and distribution of materials prior to arrival on campus, and all on-campus orientation activities.
21. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
22. Participate in state and /or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc..).
8. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
Required Certifications/Licensures: Eligible for licensure in the State of Florida.
Required Education: Master's Degree
Major (if required): Related area of specialization.
1. Physician Assistant or related health professional.
2. Seven (7) years of related experience and/or training, including clinical experience.
1. Doctoral degree in related area of specialization and five (5) years of experience in healthcare.
2. Current NCCPA certification preferred.
Is this a safety sensitive position? No
Background Screening Required? No
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Sensitivity Disclaimer: Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, submit your resume at https://nsucareers.nova.edu/en-us/listing/ for Orlando, FL 32839 location. Reference CFEC Job Posting, when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.