Accounts Receivable Representative
Works directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and possibly the patient to get a claim processed and paid. Required to review and appeal all unpaid and denied claims. We use Advanced MD, Clinix and MOD MED/EMA PM systems.
• Review, revise, and re-process every outstanding claim on aging report
• Monthly quota of 1,200 claims
• All reports must be worked by months’ end
• All correspondence must be worked daily
• Interface with providers, insurance companies and patients as needed.
• Knowledge of Medicare, managed care and commercial insurances.
• Maintain assigned AR over 90 day percentage as defined by the AR Supervisor
• Track and identify major trends with various insurance Carriers
• Report recurrent problems to A/R supervisor
• Collaborate with doctor’s office staff for required information to process or appeal claims
• Document account ledgers to include calls made, faxes completed, corrected claims sent, and accounts turned to patient responsibility
• Reduce claims in the over 90-day categories
• Regular reliable attendance
• Able to act independently in productivity-based environment
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills to work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
• Give focused attention to detail
• Able to prioritize workload and move readily from task to task.
• Medical Accounts Receivable - must have at least 2 years’ experience to be considered for this position.
• Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding
To Apply: Send your resume to with the job title listed in your SUBJECT line. Reference CFEC.org job posting, when applying.