Healthcare Consultant - Integrated Health
The Healthcare Consultant will serve as the physical health expert, as it relates to the Florida Medicaid Handbook, within our Integrated Health organization responsible for the provision of Medicaid services to children and families in dependency. This position is associated with the implementation and management of the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care – Child Welfare Specialty Plan Contract that was awarded by AHCA.
• Provides consultation & expertise to the Integrated Health and CBC staff with regards to the requirements of the Florida Medicaid Handbook.
• Provides guidance & technical expertise as needed to the CBC Regional Coordinators to ensure the proper monitoring of compliance and utilization management activities of the community based care lead agencies.
• Train Integrated Health staff, CBC staff, etc. on physical health topics as they relate to compliance with contract requirements, best practice, Medicaid regulations and statutes and the Child Welfare Specialty Plan.
• Participates in the agency strategic plan & quality improvement processes
• Ability to safely & successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, & other federal, state, & local standards, including meeting qualitative & quantitative productivity standards.
• Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with ADA, FMLA & other federal, state, & local standards
• Ability to comply with all personnel policies & procedures
This list of functions is not intended to be exhaustive. The agency reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements.
• Master’s Degree in a related field and 5 years of experience with management of physical health programs;
• Registered Nurse (RN) OR Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and 7 years of experience with management of physical health programs;
• Knowledge of Medicaid rules & regulations
• Experience working with the Department of Children and Families’ and/or the Agency for Health Care Administration.
• Experience in Florida’s Child Welfare System
• Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Certified Professional in Healthcare Management (CPHM), Licensed Healthcare Risk Manager and/or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
• Effective leadership, management and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to analyze and implement services, plans and policies
• Ability to interact with and maintain high morale among employees
• Ability to analyze, integrate and report data
• Demonstrate cultural and linguistic competence & sensitivity to population served
• Ability to travel
• Thorough Background Screening upon hire including FBI, FDLE, Local Law check, Employment Reference check, DMV check, Criminal Records check, Social Security Trace & Drug Screening. FDLE check will be run at least every 5 years.
• On-call assignments- Yes
• Travel- local: 7% per week, long-distance: 15% per month
• Attend at least 15 hours of in-service training annually
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
Applicants may apply via our website at http://www.cbccfl.org/about-us/careers/