Junior Medical Biller
Type of Employment: Full Time
Certification: None required for billing
Experience Level: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a medical office reimbursement department
Location: Orlando, FL
A well-established growing Medical Billing & Coding company based in North Orlando who is currently seeking candidates that wants to join its growing team – seeking career-oriented individuals.
Seeking candidates with at least 2-years of medical billing and EMR billing software experience who strives to deliver the highest of customer service standards. This position is responsible for supporting the Account Management team by posting insurance payments and completing daily Explanation of Benefits (EOB) batches in accordance with established billing and collections policies and procedures, filing all primary and secondary claims by electronic and paper methods, running all standard monthly reports, and performing follow-up with insurance tracking report as directed.
• Post all insurance payments, contractual and non-contractual adjustments for assigned carriers by CPT code and transfer outstanding balance to secondary insurance or patient responsibility per EOB protocol
• Close payment batches daily, reconciling individual carrier payments and EOB statements
• Initiate processes to follow up on rejected claims as evidenced by EOBs, per EOB protocol
• Run pre-transmission edit of all electronic claims and correct errors.
• Transmit all appropriate electronic and paper claims, correct any errors on claims and re-transmit; file secondary claims as necessary.
• Discuss outstanding payment amounts with patients regarding balance owed by the insurance company and the patient
• Track initial claim edits and submit to Billing Manager.
• Identify internal control measures and educational needs based on claims denied due to inaccurate or incomplete claims.
• Notify Account Manager when insurance payments do not match contractual agreements and contracts payor to seek correction.
• Utilize Accounts Receivable report to contact payers regarding unpaid insurance claims
• Respond to written and telephone inquiries from insurance companies
• Respond to written and telephone patient billing inquires and insurance questions
• Discuss outstanding payment amounts with patients regarding balance owed by the insurance company and the patient.
• Function as a team member, participating in and attending staff meetings.
• Adhere to all practice policies related to HIPAA and Medicare Compliance
• Preferred 2 years’ experience in a medical office reimbursement department
• Experience with EMR Management software
• Experience in Accounts Receivable
• Strong communication skills as you will be speaking with patients and/or insurance representatives on a daily basis.
• Must maintain HIPAA standards
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm and professional
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent organizational skills and must be detailed oriented
• Strong computer and typing skills
• Outstanding listening skills
• Positive, friendly, approachable disposition
• Ability to work with multiple priorities
• Continuous sitting throughout the work shift
• Frequent bends, kneels and crouches
• Must be able to read small print
• Stooping and bending to files, supplies, mobility to complete tasks
• Repetitive movements of hands, fingers and arms for typing and/or writing during work shift
• Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing 10-20lbs
• Continuous use of the telephone to verbally speak to insurance companies and/or assigned by senior management
• Ability to reach with hands and arms
• Must be able to handle stress
• Will view computer screens for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work standard office equipment: computers, fax machines, copiers, printers, telephones, etc.
• Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation
This is a great opportunity to get in with a tenured medical billing group with great benefits and an environment that exudes a positive, respectful, and supportive culture.
Competitive Compensation Package