JR. Software Engineer
Reliant Mission is looking for a Jr. Software Engineer to join our office team in Orlando. This is a unique entry level position that offers professional development and valuable experience in a very positive and rewarding work environment.
At Reliant Mission, you will have the opportunity to develop secure, scalable, distributed software systems that enable us to carry out our mission of mobilizing support-based missionaries for the Great Commission.
• Design, develop, and release high quality applications
• Ensure the integrity and security of ministry data
• Debug, troubleshoot, and correct issues with applications and environments
• Write technical and end-user documentation
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Ability to solve problems using critical thinking within a collaborative team
• Ability to program software solutions
• Understanding of object-oriented programming principles
• Working knowledge of computer system operations and maintenance
Helpful Skills and Experience
• Relational databases such as SQL
• Back-end development of web services and data-driven web applications
• Use of IDEs or other tools for development, testing, and debugging
• Source control such as Git, SVN, and TFS
• Cloud computing platforms, application containerization, security software development
From bare-metal servers to containerized applications in the cloud, solving complex computer science problems in the deepest application layers to creating beautiful and functional user interfaces, you will have the opportunity to engage in all aspects of software engineering using state-of-the-art technologies and hardware.
As a Software Engineer at Reliant, you will use your analysis, design, and programming skills to build innovative features for our rapidly advancing software systems. You will handle challenging, complex, and fun situations every day, developing applications and services that are fast, reliable, and secure. We will provide mentoring, training, guidance, and feedback on key deliverables while maintaining a hands-off approach to empower you to take ownership of your work, enable your success, and facilitate your career growth. Want to know more about Reliant? www.reliant.org
General Reliant Requirements:
Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and active engagement in a church community
Excitement about serving with a ministry
Agreement with Reliant's Statement of Faith, Core Values, and Code of Conduct