DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Bishop Grady Villas in St. Cloud is currently seeking caring individuals to assist our residents to achieve their personal goals. Duties include; supervision during recreational activities in the community; scheduling and providing transportation of residents to jobs in the community; assistance with selfadministration of medication; assistance with activities of daily living, promotion of a family environment; and the encouragement of self-advocacy and independence of residents.
The position is located in St. Cloud, Florida.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop residents basic living skills (e.g., social, domestic and hygiene) through instruction and positive reinforcement.
• Assist and document the development and implementation of long and short-term goals for the resident as developed by the Residential Coordinator under the supervision or direction of the Residential Programs Manager and Regulatory Compliance Manager
• Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with residents, families, staff, administration, waiver support coordinators, and other service providers and assist in coordinating with any and all their needs concerning residents.
• Perform or assist residents with personal hygiene as needed (e.g., bathing, brushing teeth, shaving, nail clipping, dressing, bodily functions and resident appearance).
Personal care services that are assigned by a health professional may include observation, reporting, and documentation of changes in status or in bodily functions.
• Perform or assist residents in domestic duties as needed (e.g., cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping).
• Coordinate and maintain resident’s schedule (e.g., doctor appointments, professional team appointments, and employment).
• Coordinate resident participation in leisure, recreational, volunteer and faith activities.
• Maintain records and complete documentation as required by Bishop Grady Villas, the Diocese of Orlando, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Agency for Health Care Administration and other applicable State or Federal government monitoring agencies (e.g., timesheets, mileage, petty cash, medication logs, visitor logs, Incident Reports, progress and service notes and implementation plan data).
• Adhere to resident behavior and health management plans (e.g. assistance with self-administration of medication, use of behavior modification techniques, dietary restrictions).
• Maintain a safe environment for the resident; prevent harm to resident, self, and others. Report any safety concerns to management in a timely manner.
• Transport resident to and from work, scheduled appointments and recreational activities in a safe and timely manner.
• Serve as a good role model to service recipients.
• Maintain current certification as required by Bishop Grady Villas (e.g., CPR, First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, certification for assistance with self-administration of medication and all other required by Bishop Grady Villas policies and procedures).
Full Time Lead Position: We are in need of experienced individuals with a passion for working with people with disabilities and who have great leadership experiences and/or potential.
You will be coordinating day to day activities of the residents, providing training to other Direct Support Professionals, communicating with the team and residents families and providing care and oversight to our residents in helping them to achieve their goals.
Overnight Positions: We are looking for a few great DSP's to provide care and supervision to our residents between the hours of 9:45pm-6:15am. These staff provide safety and security to our residents overnight and provide housekeeping support.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of experience working in a medical, psychiatric, nursing or childcare setting or in working with persons who have a developmental disability.
College or vocational training equal to 30 semester hours, 45-quarter hours, or 720 classroom hours can substitute for the required experience.
Candidates must successfully pass Diocesan and State background screening and Safe Environment Training.
Hourly pay: $9.50 - $12.00
Full-time/ Part-time position
For more information, visit our website: www.bishopgradyvillas.org