Perform routine and extensive range of work in the repair and general maintenance of facilities and equipment within the established guidelines, procedures and policies of the parish.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform minor building, ventilation/air conditioning, heating, refrigeration; electrical; plumbing; carpentry; painting and other generally accepted maintenance work as necessary.
• Knowledge of city and state building codes, OSHA requirements, and ADA laws.
• Troubleshoot, service and report mechanical malfunctions.
• Move and assist in transportation of furniture and equipment.
• Set-up and break-down equipment and furniture for functions.
• General cleaning and disinfecting using approved solvents and appropriate tools.
• Knowledge of the proper use and disposal of hazardous materials, safe handling techniques, and use of proper safety equipment as outlined by OSHA.
• Be aware of, report, and remove possible safety hazards.
• Comply with safety regulations by reporting and removing safety hazards.
• Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Be aware of and report any unauthorized person on the premises.
• Respond to emergency calls during and after hours.
• Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies.
• Perform regular preventive maintenance on equipment.
Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions.
• Effective written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships, demonstrates sensitivity, and respect a diverse
• Ability to properly schedule, prioritize, and complete tasks within allocated time.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
• Strong respect for the Catholic Church and its teachings.
• Basic computer skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Individual must possess hands on experience in building and grounds maintenance work.
• Have experience utilizing industrial tools and equipment.
• Be able to maintain confidentiality in all matters.
• 1-2 years of working in a similar setting.
• Must possess and maintain a valid Florida drivers’ license.
• Candidate must successfully pass Diocesan background screening and Safe Environment Training.
Individual must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
in situations where only limited standardization exists and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions
furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The performance of these essential functions
must be without a physical accommodation of any sort. They are as follows: balancing, carrying,
climbing, hearing, kneeling, lifting, pulling, sitting, standing, reaching, stooping, bending, walking and
talking. The employee is required to lift up to 75 pounds and climb ladders.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
Hourly pay: $11.50 to $15.00 /hour
For more information, visit our website: www.bishopgradyvillas.org