East Altamonte Branch
School Year - up to 20 hours/week during the school year between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Summer and School Breaks - up to 30 hours/week between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Engage and inspire young people aged 6-18 to learn and grow to be responsible adults.
Prepare students of various ages 6-18 for on-time grade promotion by creating educational activities that are fun and engaging. Provide assistance with daily homework and school projects, adapting to a range of learning styles. Ensure that Project Learn and Power Hour programs are run as per the direction of the Club Service Director and/or in compliance with grant documents.
Must monitor and evaluate situations quickly using good judgment to assess situations and make decisions. Create and maintain a clean, safe environment for children and adults within the program space.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
1. Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes:
Promote and stimulate program participation;
Register new members and participate in their Club orientation process; Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
2. Develop, implement and administer educational based activities for children various ages; must be able to adapt to various learning styles. May create lesson plans for activities.
3. Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality of programs and appearance of the branch at all times. Prepare periodic activity reports and/or grant reports.
4. Reviews grades, identifies students' strengths/challenges, develop creative lesson plans and facilitate tutoring sessions.
5. May interface with school personnel and build relationships with teachers.
6. Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly branch staff meetings.
1. May participate in special programs and/or events.
2. May be cross-trained to work in Gamesroom, Technology, Music, Arts & Crafts, Character and Leadership Development, and Physical Education.
3. May be asked to facilitate BGCA National programs, such as SMART curriculum and other curriculums.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
• 2 year degree and/or related experience in the educational field preferred.
• Strong writing and verbal skills required.
• 1 year minimum experience volunteering or working with children preferred.
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Recommended CPR and First Aid Certifications.
• Valid driver license and good driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Physical requirements: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and policy manuals. The ability to clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and or technical information with others. Ability to visually monitor activities of club members. The employee is required to be able to perform CPR or first aid. The employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance, and stoop, jump, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is required to operate a motor vehicle. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Working environment: Normal club environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Qualified candidates can send their resume to https://bgccf.hirecentric.com/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org Job Posting