Part-Time Instructors, Construction
Valencia College is now hiring Part-Time Instructors, Construction (Youth Build Program) to join the CE Construction team. In this role you will be responsible for teaching classes for our Youth Build Program, a program aimed at teaching low income youth construction skills which will help the build affordable housing and other community assets such as community centers and schools.
Responsible for developing and teaching the construction& Maintenance continuing education courses, some which may yield construction industry certifications through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). Develops, plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia College’s learning centered values in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia College educators.
Jobs Skills and/or requirements:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of hands on experience, or teaching/ training experience
- Experience working with youth and/ or at risk populations
- Experience with construction, repair and maintenance of buildings, inspection of equipment and fixtures for proper working condition and safety
- A valid Florida driver's license, or ability to obtain one by the hire date
- The ability to lift 75 pounds
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Salary: $30 HR
Closing Date of Opening: Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 at 7PM
Start Date: August 2019
Job Location City: Kissimmee, FL 34744- Osceola Campus
How to apply exactly: If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application at https://bit.ly/2MC6BlH along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.