Social Media Community Manager
Pay Level: Negotiable
The Social Media Manager plans, creates and executes the social media strategy for the JESUS Film Project ministry and reports on results. He/She accomplishes his/her role by collaborating with various departments to develop relevant, powerful content for all social channels that will encourage users to engage with our ministry and take their next best step.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates social media strategy jointly with Content Strategy team and Marketing Director to attract new users and foster deeper engagement for existing users along the mission of “everyone seeing Jesus”.
• Plans social media calendar on quarterly basis.
• Creates social posts (copy + visuals) to drive engagement (views, comments, shares).
• Analyzes performance of campaigns and reports on outcomes.
• Coordinates social calendar with stakeholders who focus on products, fund development, prayer and strategies.
• Monitors and engages with users on social media to provide personalized touchpoints with our brand.
• Enlists volunteers from throughout and without the organization to foster community growth.
• Coordinates with Cru DPS and global digital partners on agreed upon campaigns.
• Leads intern team to schedule and create posts across social platforms.
• Makes key recommendations for social campaigns according to JFP goals and strategy.
• Collaborates with other content creators across the ministry to contribute to one cohesive content calendar.
• Creates and executes social media journeys that offer users a relevant next step in their spiritual journey.
• Creates and executes social media ad campaigns
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Advanced social media; content creation, scheduling, best practices
• The latest trends and uses of social media; an early adopter
• Writing and organizational communications
• Principles of marketing and living out the brand online
• Training principles
• Strategic planning
• Computer and technology skills- Adobe Social, Hootsuite, Photoshop, Canva and Google apps
• Self-start; maintain day-to-day platforms while also driving forward organizational strategy
• Have exceptional judgment and discretion while representing JFP online
• Creatively write for an online audience and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Create and present proposals on new social media strategies for the organization
• Manage multiple tasks effectively
• Travel within the United States [and/or internationally] 2-3 times per year.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
A BA in Communications or related field with at least one year of related job experience.
Apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention CFEC.org.