Ocala Youth Transition Coordinator
Our Mission is to empower our clients with knowledge, connections, and the confidence required to embark on a new sustainable career. Come join our team of caring professionals and make a difference!
Copy and paste this link to hear an employee testimonial!
**Please read job description in its entirety before applying for this position.Only qualified candidates apply, please.
employU is a Nonprofit Employment Service contracted with The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation assisting people with disabilities prepare for, become and retain employment. We are currently seeking a Youth Transition Service Coordinator to work in our Transition Program which serves youth ages 14-21 in the community. Transition Coordinators will primarily need to work nights and weekends to work around the participants' school schedule.
Bilingual is a plus (English / Spanish).
Certified and/or proficient in American Sign Language is a plus!
*SIGN ON BONUS * - $500, 50% paid at 90 days , 50% paid at 6 months of hiring.
Required availability:Open flexibility/ Afternoons/Evenings (must be available from 3 - 9 pm) and Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) to work around students' school schedule. Schedules vary in the summer months.
Pay will range from $14-$16 per hour with bonus potential.
What we look for in employees-
• Excellent communicator, both verbal and written
• Develop and implement strategies to engage youth
• Experience working with youth in a youth development setting
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
• Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
• Above average computer and software skills for basic data entry
• Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
• Strong presentation skills
• Pass a level II background check.
• Valid Driver's License, Auto Registration, Mandatory Auto Insurance coverage 50k property/100k personal injury liability
• Reliable transportation, laptop and smart phone
• A minimum of 1-2 years of experience working with persons with disabilities mental or physical (case work or counseling) in a vocational setting preparing individuals for employment.
• Bilingual Spanish is a plus as is familiarity with the local labor market.
• We often promote from within and are looking for people who want to grow with us.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
• Four years’ experience or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program; experience in job placement, job coaching, or counseling; or other related experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
• A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and one years’ experience as describe above. OR
• A Master’s Degree in a related field such as rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business administration, or economics, from accredited college or university and six months’ experience as describe above. OR
• An Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university, or a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an unrelated field, and two years’ experience as described above.
* *Best Practices in Supported Employment and Introduction to Social Security Work Incentives through the TRN are required for this position upon hire or within 90 days of hire.
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Benefits including health, dental, life, vision available
• 7 paid holidays
• Accrued Paid Vacation
• Create your own schedule based off of case load and office hours
• Potential for bonuses
• Learn more about an ever-growing industry and your community
• Make a difference in a life
Qualified candidates can send their resume and cover letter to with the job title listed in the subject line – mention CFEC.org job posting.