The Account Director is responsible for selling to new commercial customers that are within the Summit Broadband service area. They are also responsible for maintaining and growing these new customers through the term of their agreement. The primary sales focus is to offer all of the services within the product portfolio, which includes phone, Internet, cable TV, dark fiber and transport services. This position requires a strong emphasis on new customer prospecting which include hotelier, and non-hotelier customers. Professionally address their needs and making expert recommendations for services. The Account Director must be able to articulate the value proposition for Summit Broadband’s unique position in the Central marketplace. Our corporate culture encourages individuals to succeed and grow.
• Sell the full suite of services to new and existing customers
• Heavy prospecting, networking and cold calling on a weekly basis
• Generate new lead sources and develop new networking relationships
• Create and maintain a 30, 60, and 90 day sales funnel with qualified opportunities
• Generate and sell high margin solutions by targeting on-net and near-net prospects
• Qualify sales opportunities and align internal resources for proper sales support
• Ensure new opportunities and sold solutions stay on schedule with Service Delivery
• Consistently achieve sales quota
• Additional duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required
• Minimum 5 years previous sales experience in telecommunications or Cable TV required
• Must be willing to spend long days in the field prospecting and visiting new clients
• Working knowledge of computers and experience with word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
• Must be able to pass criminal, MVR, and drug testing
• Must keep current auto insurance with 250,000/500,000 coverage at all times throughout employment and provide such proof of such insurance to Human Resources annually
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested candidates can send their resume to with the job title listed in the subject line – mention CFEC.org job posting.