HRIS Specialist - Level 1
Pay Level: Negotiable
Under the supervision of the Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) Team Leader, assist with the day to day activities of the HRIS team. Generate and distribute information and reports and assist in the training of users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of staff within a timely manner.
- Generate routine reports (queries) and design special reports as requested.
- Assist users in analyzing software errors or deficiencies in order to determine the causes or issues and to identify the best way to resolve the problems.
- Troubleshoot issues with existing or developed systems.
- Make basic functional updates to assigned systems as needed.
- Process requests to set up or restore permissions to the appropriate system.
- Train human resources and organizational staff on system access and utilization.
- Test systems while coordinating efforts with users.
- Perform weekly audits as assigned and ensure business rules are in compliance
- Principles of excellent customer service
- Strong research methods.
- Principles of grammar and effective word usage
- Basic Human Resource concepts/practices.
- Basic HTML/CSS
- Principles of basic mathematic function and expression
- Operation of Windows-based programs including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Operation of PeopleSoft or equivalent Oracle based program
- PeopleSoft Query or equivalent query tool
- Provide excellent customer service while juggling multiple priorities
- Identify and solve complex problems creatively
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Learn and adapt as systems upgrade and/or change
- Research difficult situations and problems
- Work confidentially with discretion.
- Plan and organize work.
Education and Experience
BS degree plus 1 to 3 years related experience of functional HR, HRIS or IT experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention CFEC.org