Custodian I (Part-Time)
Pay Benefits and Work Schedule
$11.30 hourly up to 29 hours per week.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENT (To ensure full consideration the following document must be attached to the application):
Letters of reference are strongly encouraged
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS:
From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment
Under Job Seekers, click on Complete or Review an Existing Application; sign in or create an account with username and password
Click on My Activities on the top bar; go to My Cover Letters and Attachments section
Click Add Attachments to attach documents
THIS IS A TEMPORARY PART-TIME POOL POSITION. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed when openings become available. Applications remain active for one year from the date received. Hiring departments will review applications only when positions become available.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference. To claim Veteran’s Preference, a copy of your DD-214 from, Certificate of Release of Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application.
Note: Certain functions of the application process work best in Internet Explorer.
Performs manual labor in cleaning various College facilities.
1. Performs manual labor duties related to cleaning, sanitizing and general maintenance of restrooms and other College facilities in accordance with College standards. This will require standing, walking, and bending for a considerable amount of time, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. unassisted.
2. Performs all duties related to cleaning and sanitizing College facilities.
This includes, but is not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dust mopping, dusting and other related duties.
3. Scrubs and polishes fixtures, windows, mirrors and other areas and equipment. Cleans chalkboards and whiteboards.
4. Provides exterior cleaning of windows, corridors, walkways, emptying outside trash, cleaning ash trays and sweeping up cigarette butts. Polices walkways and grounds to ensure they are free of trash, debris, clippings, etc.
5. Performs related work as assigned.
6. Assists at all College sites as assigned. May be required to assist during nights and weekend for special College events
7. Assists other Divisions in Physical Plant as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma OR one year of related work experience.
2. Valid Florida driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
1. Experience in building maintenance repairs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSAs):
1. Knowledge of custodial methods and procedures.
2. Ability to operate and care for equipment necessary to accomplish the required duties.
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
5. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
6. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Works inside and outside.
2. Handles hazardous materials.
3. Requires the use of safety equipment glasses, gloves, shoes, etc.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT:
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
1. Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
2. Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.
How to Apply
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS: From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment, Click on Complete or Review an existing Application; Sign in or create an account with user name and password; click on My Activities on the top bar, select "My Cover Letters and Attachments" link, then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
To claim Veteran's Preference for eligible positions, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
This evaluation must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend World Education Services at P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, telephone (212) 966-6311 or email address www.wes.org. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
To apply please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org job posting.