TV News photographer
If you’re looking to get your foot in the door at one of the most competitive television stations in Central Florida, this is where you need to be. Our job opening could be your career opportunity!
• Photograph news stories for presentation on-air.
• Edit , produce video for daily newscast.
• Coordinate with producers on rundowns and scripts, adhere to strict deadlines.
• Insure video feeds are rolled on schedule and logged.
• Work closely with Producers, Photographers, Assignment Desk Personnel.
• Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company.
• Work flexible hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
• Operate live microwave equipment under strict deadlines.
• Reports to Chief Photographer.
• Minimum of two years full time photography and editing experience in daily TV news.
• Ability to operate TV news gathering equipment including live microwave, knowledge of SNG truck helpful.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with daily deadlines and changing priorities.
• Valid passport desirable but not required.
• Discretion, maturity and composure, especially under pressure.
• A valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
• Must be able to fly in helicopter or airplane.
• Must be able to travel on short notice.
LOCATION OF POSITION:
4466 JOHN YOUNG PARKWAY
ORLANDO, FL 32804
No phone calls please.
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional on successful completion of pre-employment background checks including drug screen, required reference checks and employment/educational degree verification.
WKMG-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with federal law, WKMG-TV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.