Payroll Team Leader
Pay Level: Negotiable
We’re looking for a Payroll Team Leader to join our dedicated and focused team in Orlando. Here you can combine your vocational talents with your desire to contribute towards helping everyone have a chance to hear the good news of Jesus. Under the direction of the Group Leader, you’ll lead the Payroll Team, providing leadership and supervision to ensure the accurate and timely completion of all payroll functions. You’ll participate in the decision-making process regarding payroll related issues as well as plan, develop, and modify new systems and procedures for payroll processing as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
• Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
• Maintain a positive witness for Christ
• Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
• Share what God is teaching him or her
• Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
FOR THIS POSITION:
• Build a strong team by providing direction, training, delegation, counsel and expertise to individual Payroll Team members and the team as a whole.
• Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and develop an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
• Promote continual focus on exceeding customer expectations, process analysis and improvement and implementation of changes as necessary.
• Provide in depth assistance and guidance to Staff members regarding their salary needs, minister’s housing allowance, and updating their salary request form.
• Ensure that staff members are compliant with Cru policies regarding our “needs based” pay philosophy and salary limits.
• Coordinate payroll deadlines and communicate schedule with payroll subordinates, Digital Products and Services (IT department), and other appropriate individuals and departments.
• Process daily bank files (both on cycle and off cycle payments). Monitor compliance with all garnishment court orders.
• Responsible for continued professional development in payroll and possessing the necessary payroll expertise to ensure Cru is legally compliant in our payroll practices.
• Preparation, maintenance, verification, and processing of payroll records.
• Preparation, review, and control of assigned accounts.
• International Payroll practices
• Principles and practices of administration, leadership, supervision, providing work direction, customer service and training.
• Ministry organization, operations, policies, and objectives, including payroll policies and procedures.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, clear communication and courtesy.
• Methods, procedures, and terminology used in accounting work.
• Budget preparation and control.
• Interpret, explain, and apply U.S. laws, procedures, and regulations pertaining to payroll.
• Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements, and restrictions.
• Prepare, verify, process, and control a major payroll.
• Monitor, adjust, and reconcile payroll data.
• Train, provide work direction, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
• Work confidentially with discretion, protecting employee data.
• Effectively analyze and solve problems related to payroll issues.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Prioritize and schedule work.
• Work cooperatively with others.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, plus three year’s related experience and/or training (including experience with computer payroll systems); or equivalent combination of education and experience plus at least two years of experience in leading and supervising others.
Apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention CFEC.org.