GIS Analyst/SDE Database Administrator
Analytical and technical work developing and supporting a diverse, multi-user ArcGIS desktop and server network and client base.
Develop and maintain databases in ArcGIS SDE server environment from other digital GIS data structures or other data formats - data from existing LYNX databases and data from outside sources as counties, cities, DOT, FGDL, Census, etc.
Develop and execute processes for data integration between the LYNX bus stops asset management system, a GIS server and the web GIS server - database transfers between SQL SDE server and SQL Server Express environment.
Manage LYNX’s SDE database environment, including the asset management database environment, and provide software and database administration for the existing LYNX asset management system.
Establish and implement processes, tools and procedures to ensure and maintain data accuracy - domain values, relations, and topology rules.
Establish and implement processes, tools and procedures to ensure data integration between GIS and Trapeze database - data import and data export and seamless data integrity between the databases.
Edit/create and analyze data sets and maps using ArcGIS software.
Create highly effective presentational maps using cartographic design concepts.
Quality assurance and update of the metadata for all GIS layers.
Quality assurance and update on GIS processes and procedures documentation. Create and maintain GIS and System Administration documentation.
Work on GIS projects for data analysis and data update in other systems - Trapeze FX, Trapeze Pass, CAD/AVL, ArcGIS online corporate web site and others.
Assist in the supervision and training of temporary and/or student intern staff members.
Provide user training to LYNX departments and other agencies on the use of the GIS system.
Assist with the maintenance of LYNX’ GIS data sharing portal on GoLYNX - publishing updated ZIP file and metadata files, System wide map and route map books.
Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Science, or a related field plus three years of progressively responsible experience with ArcView GIS software, or a combination of related experience, education and training.
· GIS Professional Certificate
· Experience with spatial data management, spatial analysis technologies, process design and modeling, server and web GIS technologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
· Working knowledge of databases and integration techniques with mapping software.
· Must possess the ability to conduct analysis of data and information layers requests by system users and determine the appropriate methodologies to display the required information.
· Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Proficiency with ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS online. Working knowledge of GIS server and SDE databases.
· Ability to design, document, build, implement, manage and maintain geodatabases and custom applications, including, but not limited to, routes, stops, facilities, socio-economic data, and points of interest.
· Must be detail-oriented.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
· Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
· Ability to work in a diverse environment.
· Any employee using a company vehicle will be required to provide and maintain proof of a valid Florida Driver’s License and possess an acceptable driving record.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
· Works in an office environment.
· LYNX provides the community with much needed public transportation, and it is important for the Agency to resume its services as quickly and as safely as possible in the event of any natural, technological, or human-caused emergency or disaster. This position is considered a mission critical member of LYNX’s emergency preparation and response efforts during an emergency or disaster and as such, requires 24-hour availability in the event of an emergency or disaster.
LYNX fully commits itself to providing equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.
Salary: Depending on Qualifications plus benefits
For more information about the benefits we offer, please visit http://www.golynx.com/careers/benefits.stml
Qualified candidates may proceed to apply directly with LYNX by visiting http://www.golynx.com/careers/how-apply.stml ,mention cfec.org job posting.