Mobility Service Representative
Position closes 9/20/2019
This position is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service to LYNX customers. The Mobility Service Representative (MSR) receives customer requests for trip reservations; inquiries regarding all LYNX services; provides schedule/routing and system-wide information in person, over the telephone, via mail, fax, Internet, and Language Line services.
This position is considered safety-sensitive and subject to the provisions of the Substance Abuse Program Policy for Safety Sensitive Positions.
Works as part of the customer service team in the Mobility Services department to provide excellent customer service.
Services include ACCESS LYNX, NeighborLink, Fixed Route, Lost and Found, Customer Relations, Terminal sales/information, and estimated time of arrival (ETA) services.
Provides detailed service information to our customers in person, over the telephone, by mail, fax, Internet, Language Line, or other means of inquiry.
Answers customer calls promptly, keeping hold times to a minimum.
Records accurate and detailed trip information.
Uses scheduling software: Schedules trip requests, geocodes locations, negotiates requested times, and researches trip information.
Maintains up-to-date passenger records in customer database daily; makes all necessary changes to important field entries during call.
Communicates regularly with operations staff regarding scheduling and passenger issues; promptly records cancellations and notifies scheduling or dispatch personnel.
Updates and maintains monthly reports for the Internet Inquiries Program.
Uses tracking software to record customer calls and concerns.
Maintains accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
Keeps updated on all policy changes, procedures, detour memos, bulletins, and community service sheets.
Assists with mail-out of information letters, rider’s guides, schedules, etc.
Covers assignments for vacationing staff; assists team with training, as needed.
Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Work experience performing clerical office duties, data input, and use of computer software.
· One year of experience performing customer service duties face-to-face or over the telephone.
· Three years of experience performing customer service duties face-to-face or over the telephone.
· Bilingual or multilingual
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
· Knowledge of principles and practices of good customer service.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Knowledge of fundamental clerical and office procedures.
· Ability to use a personal computer and learn all associated software utilized by the department including Google Maps and other programs.
· Must be willing to learn new systems and software programs.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately.
· Excellent customer service skills, listening skills, and typing skills.
· Time management and cash handling skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing so others will understand.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
· Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
· Responds to the activation of the company’s emergency operation center by assisting in the coordination of transportation, as well as giving information to the general public during the emergency.
· Employees in this position must comply with all requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regarding the testing of safety sensitive-employees. This position is considered safety-sensitive under FTA drug and alcohol regulations (49 CFR Part 655).
LYNX fully commits itself to providing equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.
For more information about the benefits we offer, please visit http://www.golynx.com/careers/benefits.stml
Qualified candidates may proceed to apply directly with LYNX by visiting http://www.golynx.com/careers/how-apply.stml , mention cfec.org job posting.