*Applicants may need to perform a written exercise as post of the hiring process.
To seek fundraising income by targeting new grantors as well as maintain a portfolio of grants including foundations, corporations, civic groups, and state, county and federal grant opportunities. Coordinates the planning and preparation of grant proposals from inception to submittal as well as for other organization projects as requested. Provides writing support and works in collaboration with the Senior Grants Manager and Grant Compliance Manager to manage extensive grants calendar and reporting as required.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
1. Contribute to attaining financial support:
research and seek new grant funding via funder databases and Internet searches;
maintain an annual grant portfolio of no less than forty (40) grant deadlines;
write grant proposals for foundation and corporate support for existing programs and new projects;
work with Club management to follow through on grant leads vetted by resource development team such as family foundations, corporations and civic groups;
solicit information from CEO, COO, Club/Program Directors, and other relevant staff members to complete grant proposals and reports; and
provide direct support to Senior Grants Manager on larger grant projects and applications.
2. Maintain administrative and operational systems such as:
track grant income and maintain grant funder files;
recognize contributions with acknowledgment letters as needed.
4. Ensure a productive working environment, providing support to Club management on grant opportunities and grant funder relations.
5. Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required or as assigned.
1. Contribute to the planning and implementation of the strategic plan regarding activities relating to donor solicitations and other club fundraising efforts.
Internal: Maintain close contact with Club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintains contact with financial staff and support staff. Works in close collaboration with Senior Grants Manager to strategize approach and complete applications; at times will interface with the Grants Compliance Manager to fulfill reporting requirements for a small number of grants.
External: Maintain contact with community and corporate leaders, schools, parents and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding club activities and needs.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
• A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar not-for-profit organization with an emphasis on grant proposals, fundraising, marketing, budgeting, and/or community and public relations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to grant budget/fundraising efforts.
. Valid driver's license with good driving record and consistent access to a motor vehicle with appropriate insurance required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
High level writing ability to create proposals and correspondence. Ability to manage projects and multiple timelines; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; clearly and concisely exchange/receive ideas, facts and/or technical information. Employee is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Employee may occasionally be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Work environment: Normal office environment.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
How to apply: Qualified candidates can send their resume to https://bgccf.hirecentric.com/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org Job Posting