Admissions Assistant I (Temporary/Part-time)
Pay Benefits and Work Schedule
$12.10 Hourly up to 29 hours per week.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY PART-TIME POOL POSITION. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed when openings become available.
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration the following document must be attached to the application):
Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral; this applies to Seminole State College employees as well as external candidates (unofficial copies accepted).
Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
From the Seminole State College Home page, scroll to the bottom and click on Employment
Under For Job Seekers, click on Complete or Review an Existing Application
Select either Sign In with existing username and password or New User to create an account
Click on My Job Applications to view applied jobs, resumes and attachments
Click on the + symbol under My Cover Letters and Attachments to attach documents.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference. To claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application.
Note: Certain functions of the application process work best in Internet Explorer.
Greets students and answers telephone in a professional manner. Answers general and specific questions regarding the College admissions, financial aid and registration procedures, course offerings, fees, office hours, directions to the College and special activities. Assists in the operations of the Student Affairs office. Some evening work may be required.
1. Provides information about admissions/registration procedures to walk-ins.
2. Enters admissions applications, updates student data files, and sets orientation appointments.
3. Enters student data in admissions tracking system.
4. Responds to student and faculty inquiries.
5. Gives campus tours.
6. Conducts new student orientations.
7. Answers telephone with a professional manner and is able to answer general and specific questions regarding the College availability, fees, office hours, directions to the College.
8. Updates the Admissions training manual as necessary.
9. Responsible for FACTS applications.
10. Responsible for answering online admissions inquires.
11. Responsible for training of part time and temporary staff on application entry.
12. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
1. Secretarial experience.
2. Experience working in a college admissions office desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of and ability to interpret College policies and procedures.
2. Ability to understand the organizations and programs of the College.
3. Ability to operate data entry and word processing software and a personal computer.
4. Ability to understand both oral and written instructions.
5. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Superior customer service skills.
7. Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
8. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Work inside in an office environment.
2. Flexible hours and days including evenings.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.
How to Apply
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
You must first complete and submit the online application along with the resume, then;
While signed into your application profile, click on My Job Applications under My Cover Letters and Attachments;
Click on the + sign to attach documents such as unofficial transcripts, cover letter and/or letters of reference
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
To claim Veteran's Preference for eligible positions, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
This evaluation must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend World Education Services at P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, telephone (212) 966-6311 or email address www.wes.org. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
To apply please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org job posting.