The Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of Grants Coordinator.
Job Posting: Open until filled.
Performs professional grant coordinating functions while implementing and managing law enforcement grants. The primary duties include researching grant opportunities, preparing grant applications, maintaining and managing grant documentation, producing programmatic and financial grant reports, evaluating/analyzing programs, grant performance measurement, and special projects. Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed while in progress and upon completion.
- At least 18 years of age.
- U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
- Good work history.
- Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
- No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Bachelor’s (B.A. or B.S.) degree from four-year college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration or related field. A minimum of two (2) years of experience in grant management, budget analysis or other related grant experience. Additional years of experience may substitute for up to two (2) years of education.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver’s physical exam.
- Must have knowledge of grant application process and writing of applications.
- Must have strong writing skills to include creative writing and grammatical proficiency.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise written reports/correspondences.
- Knowledge of various law enforcement related grant programs available from local agencies, the State, and Federal Government.
- Knowledge of management research principle techniques, methods, systems analysis, and performance measures.
- Knowledge of county administration and organization, functions, budgets, and operations.
- Must have proficient computer skills to include MS Word, MS Excel, and basic computer applications.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Applicants with body ornamentation (tattoos) shall not have any visible body ornamentation on the head, face, and neck area, which includes the visible skin while wearing a collared uniform shirt with an unbuttoned top button. Employees shall not have any visible body ornamentation located on the hands which is defined as the area from wrist to fingertips; however, a tattoo simulating a wedding ring on the ring finger of the left hand will not be considered excessive as described herein. Applicants are encouraged to read the agency body ornamentation policy before applying.
- Experience in a governmental agency preferred.
- Experience with 2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Chapter I & II, Part 200, et al., preferred.
Salary Range: $43,347/yr or $44,657/yr with 3+ years of experience
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is a Veteran Friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.