JANITOR PART TIME UP TO 34.5 HOURS
- Performs a full range of cleaning tasks involved in the maintenance of a designated area, utilizing heavy industrial type equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives specific oral or written instructions and assignments from supervisor or crew leader. Work is reviewed frequently for cleanliness and performance.
- Maintains a specific area orderly and clean. Sets up own schedule and sequence which states the required frequency of each task.
- Scrubs, strips, waxes and polishes floors using heavy (industrial type) vacuum cleaner. Adjusts, cleans and oils these machines and changes brushes, rollers, buffers and other attachments. Sweeps floor, hallways, empties garbage, dusts office furniture and empties ash trays, shampoos rugs, cleans air vents, disinfects and deodorizes toilet bowls, lavatories, etc.
- Washes and replaces venetian blinds and washes ceiling fixtures: changes light bulbs and room partitions using ladders and scaffolds.
- Cleans and maintains machines, equipment, and makes adjustments accordingly. Reports all equipment malfuctions to supervisor and performs minor repairs to equipment.
- Removes stains from a variety of surfaces such as rugs, drapes, walls, floors and fixtures by use of chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Moves heavy furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Cleans windows and doors inside and out at ground levels.
- May operate a motor vehicle in the performance of the above duties on a limited basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Moderately heavy physical effort is used occasionally in moving, setting up and working from ladders and scaffolds. Frequently lifts and moves objects weighing about 40 pounds and occasionally objects weighing over 50 pounds.
- WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoors in areas which normally have adequate heat, light and ventilation. Occasionally exposed to skin irritations from strong cleaning solutions. Possibility exists of serious disabling injury as a result of electrical shocks from power cleaning equipment or from falling scaffolds or ladders
To Apply: Job Location is 7151 Earhart Drive, Orlando, Florida 32827 - Email your resume or letter of experience to with the job title listed in the subject line - mention CFEC.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.