Senior Project Manager
Manages and administers assigned projects, oversees project controls and design implementation, and ensures project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frames, scopes, and funding parameters.
· Creates scopes of work and provides ongoing administration of contracts; monitors contract unit pricing included in planning, engineering, design build plan submittals and bids; reviews and documents variances between cost during preliminary and final design, and construction phase.
· Monitors contractors’ adherence to scope, schedule, budget, quality and safety; elevates issues to project team/managers and supervisor(s) and provides recommendations for resolution/action.
· Represents LYNX project team in meetings with planning and design consultant staff, contractors, and outside agencies; and attends state, federal and local coordination meetings related to all projects to ensure consistency in project goals and implementation schedules.
· Reviews daily inspection reports, nonconformance reports, requests for change, independent estimates, monthly payment requests, etc.
· Reviews project management (PMP) plans prepared by consultants; tracks costs and projects’ milestones to ensure conformance with baseline project cost estimates; and provides recommendations for corrective action to maintain project budget, and state and federal compliance standards.
· Controls changes to project scope, and balances cost requirements with funding availability.
· Prepares and edits reports and briefings on project status, progress, changes, and other items related to scope, schedule, and budget.
· Provides analyses of project cash-flow, commitment plans, funding and manpower plans in accordance with grant and funding contribution agreements.
· Reviews independent estimates and summary of negotiations for accuracy, and participates in change negotiation.
· Ensures implementation of procedures and plans regarding cost management of projects; and ensures financial records are accurate, maintained and documented.
· Reviews the alignment of in-kind match based upon submitted budget categories; and reviews allowable, eligible and reasonable valuation for FTA final decision.
· Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Construction, Engineering, Transportation or Urban Planning, or a related field.
· Five years of progressively responsible experience in the area of planning, engineering, design, project management and/or construction.
· Two additional years of related planning, engineering, design, project management and/or construction experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted for one year of required education.
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Construction, Engineering, Transportation or Urban Planning.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum or course of study towards PMP certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
Knowledge of contract administration and project management principles, practices, methods and application.
Knowledge and familiarity with Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) purchasing requirements related to planning and construction projects.
Knowledge of relevant business, accounting and record keeping practices and procedures.
Knowledge of contract preparation, on-site coordination, invoice and change order review, quality control, budgeting, and cost control, estimating, and scheduling.
Ability to effectively administer and manage construction contracts and projects through completion and closeout of project.
Ability to evaluate data and develop recommendations based on findings.
Ability to develop and manage project scheduling and budgets from inception to completion.
Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects; organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
Ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
Knowledge of and skill in the operation of a personal computer and related software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.).
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
· Work is generally performed in an office.
· Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License and safe driving record.
· Periodic field work may include construction zones, construction sites and highway locations.
LYNX fully commits itself to providing equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.
For more information about the benefits we offer, please visit http://www.golynx.com/careers/benefits.stml
Qualified candidates may proceed to apply directly with LYNX by visiting http://www.golynx.com/careers/how-apply.stml , mention cfec.org job posting.