Activities Assistant (Resident Assisted Living)
Westminster Winter Park
Winter Park, FL, USA
Westminster Winter Park has an open position for a Activities, full time. We are a church related not-for-profit community service organization dedicated and committed to providing services for older adults.
We are an "EOE" and "Honor those who have served."
Assist to plan, develop and direct the overall operation of the activities department in accordance with regulatory guidelines and our established policies and procedures and assure that an on-going program of activities is designed to meet the level of interests and abilities of each resident.
1. Implement and conduct programs as assigned by the Activities Director, encouraging residents to attend. Includes setup prior to and clean-up after completion of activities.
2. Leads and assists residents groups on community outings.
3. Conducts one-on-one activities with those residents requiring them.
4. Completes documentation such as Assessments and Daily Attendance Sheets.
5. Purchase and organize decorations and supplies for daily activities & holidays.
6. Assist with decorating Health Center common areas.
Possess a minimum of a high school diploma, with interests in recreation,
crafts and music helpful.
Must have basic knowledge of food preparation and handling.
Certified Nurse Assistant certificate preferred.
Experience and Basic Knowledge:
Must have experience in recreational and activities programs in senior citizens group nursing homes or related activities within the last two years.
Must be familiar with dementia or willing to learn about the condition.
Apply on-line at http://www.westminstercommunitiesfl.org/careers , and THEN send resume to . Mention CFEC.org job postings when applying.