Advancement & Real Estate Specialist (Part Time)
Pay Level: $16.42 per hour
Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and burning desire to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations.
Find planned giving opportunities by educating Cru donors about The Cru Foundation (TCF), and by networking and nurturing new and existing relationships in person and by telephone, email, and mail. Process a variety of records related to the acquisition, sale and/or management of non-cash gifts. Oversee title transfers, gift acceptance process, and due diligence process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
As an employee with Cru:
• Actively and intentionally grows in his/her Christian faith
• Maintains a positive witness for Christ
• Expresses a dependence on the Holy Spirit
• Shares what God is teaching him or her
• Consistently attends and participates in team/ministry devotional times
● Initiate calls with existing clients who have included a Cru ministry in their giving plans to assess if they have any current needs that the Foundation can assist with. Cultivate relationships with Cru’s donors. Schedule appointments for prospects with the appropriate TCF representative after assessment is made of whether their questions can be answered over the phone or if additional follow-up is needed.
● Research, identify, qualify, and evaluate potential planned giving donors through examination of past records, giving history, and leads generated through marketing. Contact donors who request a call back and filter donors by asking questions and identifying planned giving opportunities. Set up appointments with a TCF rep for interested parties.
● Develop, maintain, and execute a follow-up plan for donors who express interest in planned giving options but who are not qualified to hand off to a TCF rep
● Manage the acknowledgement and thank you process for key donors and establish a personal and unique communications library for timely use. Send gifts, informational packets, and personal thank you notes as appropriate.
● Assist with donor briefing events by creating the table display, manning the booth, setting up appointments, and meeting alongside the Planned Giving specialists with potential clients at these events as needed. ● Create new strategies to reach donors and generate leads. Work with the Great Commission CEO to implement ideas.
Real Estate Administrator
● Communicate and correspond with donors, company officials, vendors and acceptance committee regarding processes, status of acquisition, sale and/or management of real estate and other non-cash gifts. Obtain and review environmental reports in conjunction with appropriate vendor if necessary.
● Perform varied procedures for the liquidation of non-cash gifts; coordinate the acceptance, transfer of title, sale, and distribution of proceeds to appropriate destination.
● Review and process legal documents such as title documents, contracts, closing papers, and deeds for accuracy and approval. Create files for gifts, prospects, or resources, and record in corresponding logs; assist in documenting file activity to keep files current. Maintain database of archived files.
● Obtain help with legal research. Document and prepare reports for acceptance committee. Submit proposal and recommendations to leadership for acceptance or non-acceptance of property gifts. Prepare and submit regular status reports to director regarding real property, non-cash gifts, and other income.
● Review and inventory real and personal property gifts. Review real estate closing statement and assist in closing process.
● Processes and procedures related to estate and non-cash gifts.
● Planned giving vehicles and all services provided by the Cru Foundation.
● Cru’s ministries, initiatives, and outreach impact
● Microsoft: Windows, Office Suite; database familiarity
● Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
● Ministry organization, operations, policies and objectives.
● Technical aspects of field of specialty.
● Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulation
● Adhere to all tenets of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA) ● Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
● Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of ministry leaders, donors and real estate professionals
● Identify key attributes of prime planned giving prospects to hand off to TCF reps
● Promote planned giving opportunities to donors
● Be detail oriented and work within time constraints and deadlines
● Provide excellent customer service and discern a donor’s needs and route their inquiries to the appropriate party
● Work with diplomacy and demonstrate good interpersonal skills
● Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
● Make arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately
● Work confidentially with discretion
● Work cooperatively and proactively with team members both in the office and virtually
● Be organized and demonstrate strong administrative skills.
● Track all prospect activities and input information into Cru databases
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Real estate license
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree
● Three to five years related experience and/or training.
● Combination of education and experience will be considered.
Apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention CFEC.org.