Gift Estate & Design Specialist
Pay Level: $51,359 Annually
Cru has a long-standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and burning desire to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations.
Assist ministry partners with planned gifts and gifts of net worth by counseling them on the principles of Biblical stewardship and providing consultation regarding the use of specialized charitable gift planning tools and strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
As an employee with Cru:
• Actively and intentionally grows in his/her Christian faith
• Maintains a positive witness for Christ
• Expresses a dependence on the Holy Spirit
• Shares what God is teaching him or her
• Consistently attends and participates in team/ministry devotional times
For this position:
• Develop effective phone presentations to reach the target audience and motivate individuals to meet together to learn about and utilize The Cru Foundation’s services.
• Conduct donor seminars for Gift Planning & Estate Design.
• Mentor ministry reps in the art of discovering major gift opportunities and how to introduce a specialist and the Foundation’s services.
• Gather personal and financial information from prospective or current donors necessary to design an estate plan or analyze a gift of real property.
• Present completed estate designs or gift plans to donors in person or by phone depending on complexity.
• Help donors implement plans and follow-up with donors until the case is closed.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with Cru development professionals and ministry leaders.
• Provide a monthly report to the Chief Executive Officer of The Cru Foundation which summarizes key activities related to contact with donors, estate designs completed, and the value of revocable and irrevocable gifts secured.
OTHER FUNCTIONS (Non-essential)
• Maintain technical skills and knowledge in the field of Gift Planning and Estate Design as well as a spiritual, scriptural understanding of stewardship and finance.
• Demonstrate and model personal spiritual discipline and assist in development of an environment on the team where individual team members grow in their own Christian walks.
• Personal development - engage in the Staff Development process including creating and implementing a Personal Development Plan (PDP) targeting areas of growth.
• Participate in the annual calling campaign to donors each year during scheduled sessions.
• Perform related duties or special projects as assigned
• Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
• Tax rules for individuals, corporations and estates.
• Tools and techniques for planned giving and estate design
• Adhere to all tenets of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA)
• Read, analyze, and interpret legal documents and financial reports • Effectively prepare complex material in a clear and understandable manner
• Operate personal computer with various software systems (Microsoft Office)
• Work with mathematical concepts
• Apply interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
• Maintain accurate records, files, documents and reports
• Work confidentially with discretion
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Work with minimal supervision
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
• Understand, apply and explain principles and legal requirements involved in estate planning, charitable giving techniques, gift annuities, charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder trusts, GRITS, GRATS, GRUTS, SPLITS, QTIPS
• Work cooperatively and proactively with team members both in the office and virtually
• Travel frequently within the United States
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) strongly preferred.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Masters degree (M.B.A.)
• Three to five years related experience and/or training
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply online at jobs.cru.org and mention cfec.org.