Ramp Services Agent
To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshalling, water and lavatory servicing.
• Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
• Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
• Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
• Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
• Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
• Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
• Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
• Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
• Aircraft cleaning
• Service aircraft water and lavatories
• Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
• Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
• Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements
• Perform aircraft security checks
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
• Previous ramp experience a plus
• Valid driver's license
• Good communication skills
• Language skills
• Must be able to work in inclement weather
• Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
• Excellent Health & Safety awareness
• Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
To apply contact Meredith at (407) 825-2869 and mention the job position you are interested in - mention CFEC.org job postingRamp Services Agent