Rockledge - Rockledge, FL
4 Year Degree
Under the Direction of the Director of Workforce Development, responsible for conducting orientation for new participants, conducting initial assessments to identify barriers to employment and assisting participants in developing and completing the goals in their individual plans leading to the goal of competitive employment. Major duties include providing vocational training and counseling, and monitoring client progress and attendance.
1. Work with clients in all Vocational Services programs and with retail employees upon request; provide vocational counseling, supervision and coordination as requested.
2. Conduct an initial assessment of each new client to identify vocational strengths and barriers to employment, assess employability skills and develop an achievable vocational goal.
3. Monitor attendance of program participants and recording all absences.
4. Provide orientation and training for the assigned job; review safety topics with all participants on a monthly basis.
5. Ensure that participants’ progress through their programs effectively in the time period allotted; monitor participant progress throughout program, providing coaching and vocational counseling to encourage improvement in performance and conduct mock job interviews with participants in preparation for jobs.
6. Develop and implement individualized training plans for clients in Work Adjustment Training, Sheltered Employment and On-the-Job Training that contain a vocational goal and measurable, time-limited goals and responsibilities.
7. If successful completion of program goals is not attained, refer participants to alternative programs and or facilities after consulting with Employment Specialists and referral source.
8. Prepare accurate weekly and monthly reports of participant progress based on observation and consultation with work site supervisor and Vocational Trainer and send to referral source in a timely manner.
9. Promote an environment of cooperation and support where creativity and innovation are encouraged for participants, employees, co-workers, partners, and other stakeholders and customers.
10. Conduct appropriate situational assessments when instructed.
11. Prepare reports in a timely and accurate manner.
12. Demonstrate consistently professional demeanor in speech, actions and appearance, serving as a role model for participants, staff and co-workers and community partners.
1. Conduct time studies and performance measurement within established time frames, submitting completed paperwork in a timely manner.
2. Assist in gathering data for completion of quarterly Outcome Measurement.
3. Maintain updated client information in department’s Client Information System.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of CARF requirements and standards regarding client case records and programs.
5. Prepares vendor billings in a timely manner.
6. Serve as member of the Admissions & Quality Assurance Review committees.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Workforce Development.
8. Assign and monitor GOAL clients for maximum training benefit.
9. Assist the Discovery and Customized Employment Programs.
10. Conduct CareerSource Re-Employment interviews and screenings.
The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Strong interpersonal skills and effective judgment.
3. Ability to implement a variety of training techniques.
4. Knowledge of methods and techniques used in vocational counseling.
5. Knowledge of workplace practices, including performance measurement techniques to establish pay rates.
6. Knowledge of public assistance programs and community resources.
7. Ability to manage stress related to working with challenging behaviors, meeting tight time targets, and managing case load responsibilities.
8. Knowledge of the vocational rehabilitation process and the role of work in that process.
9. Ability to pass Florida Level II background check.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field is required. A minimum of two (2) years’ related social service experience, as well as experience with persons with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Beginner knowledge of databases.
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
1.Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
2.Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depthperception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3.Sitting and standing for long periods of time.
4.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office withcomputers and printers, light traffic). Ability to hear normal sounds.
5.Ability and the means to travel independently from site to site.
6.Ability to speak in a manner that can be understood.
License and Certifications
Valid Florida Driver’s License with an insurable driving record and current private auto insurance policy
How to apply: https://tinyurl.com/VOCATIONALSPECIALIST