Outbound Marketing Sales Agent (Call Center)
Under supervision, the Owner Referral Telemarketer communicates with owner referrals offering mini-vacation packages in exchange for attending a sales presentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Places outbound calls to in-house referrals in order to market mini-vacation packages.
- Advises prospective customers by answering incoming calls on a rotating basis.
- Learns and becomes well versed and educated in each package offered.
- Influences customers to buy vacation packages by following a prepared script.
- Follows company guidelines regarding solicitation.
- Delivers prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, in order to persuade potential customers to purchase a product.
- Adheres to company and federal guidelines as they relate to the “Do Not Call” list.
- Attempts to harvest additional referral leads from owners.
- Meets/exceeds the established minimum target quota of new qualified packages.
- Maintains the minimum budget Volume per Guest (VPG) on all tours.
- Must not exceed company standard cancellations rate for the month.
- Meets/exceeds the departmental closing ratio on all total contact calls.
- Responsible for meeting the department set average calls per day requirement.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all company resorts, programs, and systems.
- Consistently applies training received on computer programs including, but not limited to, interaction scripter.
- Responsible for professionally and courteously handing guests and escalated issues.
- Document transactions by completing forms and updating systems and record logs.
- Maintains database by entering, verifying, and updating data.
- Explains products, services, and prices in order to answer questions from customers.
- Obtains customer information such as name, address, and payment method.
- Records names, addresses, purchases, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Obtains referral names and telephone numbers of potential customers.
- Books reservations for sales representatives in order to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales presentations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to be comfortable selling over the phone.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Ability to operate general office machinery (i.e. computer, phone, copy machine).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.