Verification of Benefits Representative- $16.00-$18.00/hour- Maitland –Temporary
Hours: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM | Monday - Friday
• Contacts insurance companies to verify status of customer benefits.
• Files pre-authorizations for new and ongoing services with insurance companies and follow up for an outcome.
• Files Appeals to insurance companies as needed
• Gathers all necessary documents as requested by insurance companies.
• Maintains customer records in practice management system related to coordination of benefits, authorizations, denials, appeals, outcomes and communication with insurance company.
• Coordinates and communicates with other departments as needed to obtain necessary information to complete benefit verification, authorization, appeals and outcomes for services of care.
• Provides customers with information regarding their status, which may include: developing financial breakdowns for the patient, giving the patient estimates of costs and collecting co-pays, if applicable.
• Assist in coordination of Single Case Agreements for non-contracted plans
• Applies knowledge of company procedures, contracted and non-contracted guidelines to process cases accordingly and to respond to incoming correspondence and documentation as well as updating customer records according to outcomes.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
• Two or more years’ experience in insurance benefits verification and/or collections and/or managed care contracting.
• Understand the process for verification of benefits or collections as it relates to the policies and procedures for effective placement of medical services..
• Complete Understanding of Medicare Rules and Regulations
• Understanding of Managed Care as it relates to benefits and authorizations
• Advanced MS Office experience, with an emphasis on MS Excel desired
We are continuing to work on fast moving roles with our clients and have several positions that are going to be hiring within the next coming weeks and will be moving fast!
Some of these positions are EXTREMELY SPECIFIC, and won’t allow us to send candidates without the mentioned qualifications/requirements.