Quality Assurance Manager
· Develop, Monitor and Implement of Food Safety, Quality and Sanitation programs and policies as needed.
· Knowledge of HACCP, SPC, SQF required
· Familiar with FDA, USDA regulations and guidelines · Able to obtain and maintain certifications as required for Organic, Kosher, Gluten free, Halal, RSPO, etc.
· Ensure all products manufactured or marketed by the company, conform to finished product specifications and are free from defects and errors · Ensure that all quality and production procedures within the company conform to health and safety regulations, financial policies and legislation · Able to exercise sound technical judgment in resolving quality issues and interact successfully with staff, supervision, customers, sales and FDA.
· Capable of Training and Directing technicians, supervisors and production plant personal on plant safety and quality policies · Capable of training and directing technicians, supervisors and production plant personnel on FDA, USDA, GMP and HACCP procedures, regulations and guidelines.
· Ensure that the plant maintains a sanitary environment conducive to food safety · Ensure product quality and food safety at all times · Oversee the development implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF 2000 system.
· Identify quality problems/failures partner with R&D to find and implement solutions.
· Serve as the plant contact for all quality, food safety, and regulatory issues.
· Responsible for all product legality and safety and legal regulations as they pertain to food safety. Legality refers to national federal, state and local regulations in the country of manufacture and intended markets.
· Evaluate and improve current QA processes · Ensure all equipment in production is working properly before and during a production run.
· Schedule equipment testing and maintenance · Identify Opportunities to reduce waste during production process · Developing & maintaining: Packaging Specs, Oven Profile Sheet, etc.
· Responsible for maintaining Plant Procedures, Forms, etc. on the Tech Drive.
· Responsible for gathering all waste water data and preparing monthly report · Responsible for Developing & maintaining the SQF Code · Responsible for creating, reviewing and maintaining PPE (personal protection equipment?) production area evaluations · Responsible for conducting Inspection of incoming ingredients or items to ensure Food Safety & Quality, this includes facility inspections (certified internal auditor) · Ensure all necessary documentation arrives with each ingredient such as COAs, certificates, temp data logs, etc.
· Develop and implement supplier evaluation procedure and forms for Supplier facility audits (certified internal auditor).
· Document and maintain adequate records for all audits and evaluations · Have a complete understanding and ability to perform the duties of all positions in Quality Assurance.
· Responsible for assisting in the training of new Quality associates (including Supervisors).
· Be willing to assist with coverage in the absence of Quality Manager/SQF Practitioner, Supervisor or Quality Assurance Technicians. In the absence of the Senior Quality Assurance Technician/Food Defense Coordinator & SQF Practitioner the Quality & Food Safety Mgr./SQF Practitioner will be responsible for his/her job functions and responsibilities.
· Understands and is able to create nutritional labels for new or modified products.
· Understands production formulas.
· Inspect productions on production line (internal certified auditor).
· Understand production process and able to identify critical points during same for food quality & food safety.
· Establish Product Evaluation Procedures to ensure production product conforms to established standards set by R&D.
· Understands Calibration Procedures & able to perform calibrations at the beginning of production of all analytical equipment such as scales, moisture determination ovens, etc. to ensure accuracy.
· Perform checks in all areas including: Mixing, Weighting station, etc.
· Conduct Specification checks, process parameters checks such as Temperature, holding times, baking times, etc.
· Understand TFT Quality Hold procedure & knows how to place items on Hold when required. Maintains hold log.
· Supervises 3rd party, Customer, State & Federal Audits of the facility.
· Must assist with R&D or Production runs as needed.
· Responsible for logging all foreign material incidents.
· Work closely with Production, Maintenance, Warehouse & Management to address any issues related to Food Safety or Quality.
· Works closely with customer service, marketing to ensure customer data, certifications are up to date, COA are prepared for out of country shipments.
· Responsible for contacting Suppliers with foreign material, ingredient or packaging issues.
· Responsible for maintaining Kosher certificates, Ingredient specs, Letters of guarantee, etc.- documents related to the Approve Supplier Program.
· Responsible for Product Cuttings /Sensory Evaluations, as instructed · Responsible for Updating & maintaining the Hold Log.
· Responsible for reviewing formula and label match for every production run.
· Familiar with Labeling regulation. Maintain QA document request log & follow up on approval signatures.
· Must be able to work additional hours or mandatory overtime with little or no notice of unforeseen circumstances for production.
· Complete other duties as assigned by Management.
· Able to read/write/speak English.
· Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
· Must have 2 to 4 years’ experience in management.
· BS/BA in food science, microbiology, biochemistry, chemistry or related field is required or significant experience in Food Quality Assurance.
· Bakery knowledge or experience a plus.
· Must be a team player, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
· Knowledgeable in HACCP, GMP’s, SPC, TQM and Pest Control.
· Proficient in MS Office Applications.
· Able to perform general office lifting and physical requirements.
Salary Range: $80 - 85k
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.