Industrial Maintenance 3rd Shift
Schedule Typically: 9pm – 6am – Monday – Saturday
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements and troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation.
• Follows all lockout/tagout procedures.
• Controls machine downtime by informing production workers and supervisors of routine scheduled preventative maintenance as well as performing necessary basic maintenance.
• Maintains equipment and parts by checking stock to determine inventory levels and reporting parts or supplies needed to Supervisor.
• Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
• Troubleshoot relays, switches and motors.
• Able perform a wide range of operations connected with maintenance, repair and installation of equipment, facility, chemical and mechanical processes. (water, gas, air, hydraulic, Painting, building repair, sanitation procedures, calibration etc.).
• Works independently on advanced projects.
• Able to take production calls with minimal assistance.
• Maintain a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promote teamwork.
• Verify GMP’s and Safety standards (OSHA) are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted.
• Ensure all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively.
• Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
• Must be able to work additional hours or beyond standard schedule with little or no notice.
• Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2 - 3 years’ experience as a maintenance technician strongly preferred.
• Strong maintenance background preferred.
• Reliable employee that can work independently • Reads and perform work as assigned by Supervisor.
• Perform additional duties as needed.
• Ability to follow directions and specific instruction • Ability to safely operate forklifts, scissor and aerial lifts.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision • Ability to comply with procedures, rules and policies • Ability to contribute to a team environment • Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment • Excellent Organization Skills.
• Knowledge of proper power tool usage.
• Knows flow and processes of company products and procedures.
• Familiar with FDA, SQF, USDA, RTE regulations.
• Experienced with CMMS systems.
• Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Strong Communication Skills.
• Able to make appropriate decisions with minimal intervention.
• Must be able to speak, read, and write legibly in English.
• Able to lift, carry, handle, grasp at least 50 lbs., lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
• Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
• Basic computer skills and ability to type and enter data into computer systems regularly.
• Ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations and measurements • Able to lift/ bend/ stand / climb 8 to 10 hours a day.
• Good hand eye coordination.
• Exceptional attendance record
• Shift Differential .50
Job Type: Full-time