Payroll Specialist 2
Pay Level: $12.86/hr./min
We’re looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our dedicated and focused team in Orlando. Here you can combine your vocational talents with your desire to contribute towards helping everyone have a chance to hear the good news of Jesus Christ. Under the general supervision of the Payroll Team Leader and direct interaction with the Staff Services Group Leader, perform a variety of complex and technical payroll related duties to ensure that U.S. staff members serving internationally are paid according to established ministry guidelines, state and federal regulations, as well as international treaties and Totalization Agreements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an employee with Cru:
• Actively and intentionally grow in his/her Christian faith
• Maintain a positive witness for Christ
• Express a dependence on the Holy Spirit
• Share what God is teaching him or her
• Consistently attend and participate in team/ministry devotional times
For this position:
• Prepare, research, update and apply to the Social Security Administration for online Certificates of Coverage according to the guidelines of Totalization Agreements for international staff. Issue Assignment Letters to international staff going overseas.
• Create and maintain spreadsheets that provide the Staff Services Group Leader with a clear picture of the status of our staff in each Totalization Agreement country.
• Process all Administrative Change of Status and Personal Information Updates for International staff. This includes all Tax updates if home on furlough or returning to assignment.
• Provide yearly Verification of Employment, Tax Statements, and/or Payment Summaries to applicable countries.
• Update international staff members’ required monthly taxation information to spreadsheets for applicable countries
• Report staff members’ monthly deduction information to applicable countries through itemized spreadsheets. Input the updated information through the Journal Self Service system and PeopleSoft Paysheets.
• Support the end-of-year International W2 process by updating tax memos to support international staff members’ tax needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Preparation, maintenance, verification and processing of payroll records
• Basic accounting practices
• Financial and statistical record keeping techniques
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Basic research methods and problem solving ability
• Work independently with little direction or supervision.
• Work confidentially with discretion.
• Plan and organize work.
• Telephone techniques and etiquette.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
AA degree plus 1-3 years’ experience in payroll processing or related administrative functions or equivalent combination of education and experience.