IT Specialist I (Service Desk Specialist) Long-term Temp.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office in Orlando, Florida invites applicants to apply for the position of IT Specialist I (Service Desk Specialist) Long-term Temp.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
This is for a Long-term Temp position; therefore there are no agency benefits included.
This position provides basic technical support to the Agency. Work requires original and creative thinking under the direction of upper-level team members, with minimal latitude for individual initiative. Work requires basic proficiency in one of the following areas: desktop management, service management, quality assurance, or incident management. This position reports to an IT Supervisor.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
• Accredited high school or general education degree (GED) diploma AND one (1) year general IT experience and/or education/training.
• Must have a valid Florida driver’s license. Must attend and successfully complete the agency sponsored Law Enforcement Vehicle Operations (LEVO) Training if assignment includes driving an agency vehicle. Use of agency vehicle would require appropriate driving history and passing agency biennial driver’s physical exam.
• Depending on assignment, may be required to be FCIC/NCIC certified within one (1) year of accepting position.
• Must have at least one certification pertaining to their specific position.
• Must have intermediate computer skills in one of the following areas: Office Products, Desktop Operating Systems, Service Management, or Client device support.
• Ability to resolve basic technology problems that have been reported.
• Ability to execute and complete basic tasks and work assignments based on defined service levels, in a timely manner.
• Ability to communicate with agency employees regarding technology issues or requirements in order to resolve or verify that the issue is fixed.
• Ability to work with a team to resolve problems.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and also sit and work on the computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or use hands to handle or feel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may have to assist someone lifting up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The employee must be able to work in remote locations within Orange County. The employee will be working with computer related equipment and may occasionally be exposed to the risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Depending on assignment, may be required to occasionally work evenings and/or weekends. The employee is required to support the agency’s emergency operations during a critical incident and may be recalled. The employee may also be assigned to a technical team in order to support the agency during a critical incident.
• At least 18 years of age.
• U.S. Citizen or possess a current permanent resident card.
• Clean criminal history; any arrest history will be individually evaluated.
• No illegal drug usage within the past two years, all other usage will be evaluated on an individual basis.
• Must be able to comprehend and communicate fluently in verbal and written English.
• Phone interview, if selected.
• Job Interview, if passed phone interview.
SALARY: $17.99/hour or $18.53/hour with 3+ years of experience.
This posting is for the Orange County Sheriff's Office located in Orlando, Florida.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office is a Veteran Friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.
In order to be considered for this position, you MUST complete your online application on that website.
Please visit our website www.ocso.com and review the job requirements listed in the "Civilian Positions” section under "Careers".