PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS SPECIALIST
455 N Garland Ave, Orlando, FL 32801, USA
Our vision is to be recognized as a world-class leader for providing and coordinating a full array of mobility and community services. LYNX mission is to link our community by providing quality mobility options with innovation, integrity and teamwork.
Procurement and Contracts Specialist
Ensures the implementation of LYNX’s procurement and contracts functions; conducts and administers procurements to meet the recurring needs of LYNX for a wide variety of professional services, goods, and other services. The procurement process is an end to end process which consists of interdependent, multiple steps, and contract execution.
• Prepares and develops pre-contract planning including clarification of requirements, specifications, and schedules; coordinates communications with all departments regarding active solicitations.
• Receives and analyzes purchase requisitions for compliance with LYNX policies and to ensure information is complete and accurate.
• Evaluates all purchase requests for efficiencies; develops product and service specifications; evaluates pricing data, and contract terms.
• Develops Invitation for Bids, Request for Quotations, Request for Qualifications, and Request for Proposals, ensuring that all applicable legal and contractual provisions are included to safeguard LYNX’s interests.
• Confers with departments to obtain required information and resolve questions regarding requirements; revises specifications when necessary; defines detailed and accurate specifications; assists in developing award criteria and negotiation of prices for all contracts; and conducts a spend analysis with the purpose of reducing procurement costs, improving efficiency, and monitoring compliance.
• Ensures all contract documents are properly executed, including insurance certificates, performance, payment and bid bonds, warranties, and amendments.
• Evaluates bids and proposals, evaluates responsiveness and responsibility, performs price/cost analyses, and ensures that the quality and suitability of supplies, materials, services, and equipment are in accordance with LYNX standards.
• Investigates, analyzes, and determines new or better sources of supply for products and services; evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and supplier’s reputation and history.
• Coordinates with DBE program to determine correct contract provisions and whether or not candidate qualifies for DBE certification.
• Performs contract negotiations, drafts contract, executes contract, and actively manages and monitor contract throughout the life of the contract.
• Acts as LYNX liaison with suppliers; educates suppliers regarding purchasing policies and procedures.
• Investigates, assesses, and resolves product, vendor, receiving, or other complaints or discrepancies; communicates and follows-up with vendors and appropriate internal departments to obtain prompt resolution.
• Performs other duties as may be required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a closely related field plus a minimum of two years of procurement and contracts experience; or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience.
• Public sector procurement experience.
• Certified Public Purchasing Buyer (CPPB); Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
• Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and techniques of procurement whether private or public.
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations governing purchasing activities.
• Knowledge of/ability to learn Federal Transit Administration (FTA) guidelines to Third Party Contracting.
• Ability to work independently to organize, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment within areas of responsibility.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate bids, proposals, purchase requisitions, specifications, and other purchasing-related documents.
• Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and other standard software.
• Ability to draft concise, comprehensive purchase specifications and efficiently conduct vendor and product research.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those encountered in the course of work using principles of excellent customer service.
• Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
• Ability to work in a diverse environment.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
• This position works in an office environment and in the field to support project development.
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and safe driving record if operating a company vehicle.
• LYNX provides the community with much needed public transportation, and it is important for the Agency to resume its services as quickly and as safely as possible in the event of any natural, technological, or human-caused emergency or disaster. This position is considered a mission critical member of LYNX’s emergency preparation and response efforts during an emergency or disaster and as such, may be asked to work during these emergencies or disasters.
LYNX fully commits itself to providing equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, or disability.
For further description and to apply, qualified candidates may proceed to apply directly with LYNX by visiting http://www.golynx.com/careers/how-apply.stml , mention cfec.org job posting.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.