COUNTY LOCATION OF JOBS: Orange/Seminole/Osceola
JOB OPENINGS LIST OR DEPARTMENTS HIRING: Entry Level Technicians and Automotive Mechanics
Automotive Mechanic Job Description:
The Automotive Mechanic is responsible for repairing and inspecting vehicles that come in to the Service Center. The Automotive mechanic must possess superior mechanical skills and comprehension with various vehicle systems. Mechanics must provide quality vehicle repair in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Safety & Workplace Accountability:
• Takes ownership of workspace in the Auto Care Center
• Maintains cleanliness and orderliness to present an atmosphere of professionalism and safety to customers and co-workers
• Follows specified operating and safety procedures in the use and maintenance of tools/equipment
• Follows all company and SuperPro policies and procedures, including those applicable to the Auto Care Center side of the Service Center (e.g. Wearing proper PPE at all times)
• Provides tools/equipment as needed to sell and complete jobs properly and in a timely manner; keeps tools/equipment organized in a safe way when not in use
• Regularly check tools/equipment for cleanliness and serviceability
• Ensures customer vehicles are returned clean and all necessary service checks are made daily
Work Ethic/ Code of Conduct:
• Consistently displays strong work ethic, actively working and staying busy during scheduled hours, including training and working on the quick lube side of the service center whenever possible.
• Displays interest in job duties and accepts guidance and requests direction as needed.
• Should be strong team player, demonstrating positive attitude and being willing and able to help and coach others.
• Works independently, requiring little supervision.
• Always follows Employee Code of Conduct and Service Center Handbook, with focus on treating other with respect, working with integrity, using appropriate language, and keeping appearance in compliance with the dress code policy.
Service Advising and Repairs:
• Successfully work as a customer-facing mechanic.
• This includes diagnosing problems with equipment/tools correctly 100% of the time to avoid customer comebacks and complaints.
• Should be competent in properly and professionally describing service needs and costs to customers.
• Successfully, and ethically, sell their own jobs to customers and build a loyal client base.
• Properly handle all repairs and service jobs in a timely manner, avoiding any costly comebacks or claims, and facilitating customer satisfaction and retention.
• Work should be thorough and all tasks should be completed on time.
• Personally, contribute to Auto Care service growth at the location.
• Takes initiative to improve skills and/or advance in Mechanic and Valvoline Instant Oil Change career.
• Actively pursuing training on the quick lube side in accordance with SuperPro.
• Has all resources to perform job duties.
• ASE certifications or 2+ years experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Hold a valid driver’s license
• Have own tools
• Team Player
• Ability to work with and without direct supervision
• Professional behavior and appearance
• Must be able to lift to 50 lbs
. • Must have full body mobility (twisting, turning, bending, and working for extensive periods of time with hands above head)
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
• Must be to work at a rapid pace
• Must be physically fit with unimpaired balance or mobility to work around floor openings with a depth up to 10 feet
• Must be able to guide in vehicles weighing up to 10,000 GVWR
• Must be able to work outside, even in extreme conditions
• Must have quick reflexes and ability to work in a physically demanding, fast-paced environment
To apply… Visit https://jobs.vioc.com/ to submit your resume and application for a location near you – mention CFEC.org job posting.