Pay Level: Negotiable
Cru has a long standing history of being a pioneer in world Christian Missions. We are looking for the most talented individuals with a passion and a burning desire to see the Gospel of Jesus Christ proclaimed to the nations. At Cru, our Digital Products and Services department creates and innovates technology solutions for the global Church that help to make disciples. We call it Digital Missions.
Who We're Looking For:
We're looking for a data engineer who is passionate about data and loves to empower analysts to efficiently create direction-setting dashboards. Would you rather spend hours developing a reusable system for importing data than just minutes pulling in a single table? Are you more concerned with creating solutions instead of just fixing problems? Do you care deeply about things like data quality and data security? Do you think "normal" is overrated? Do you see data instead of dragons in the Cloud? Are the "lakes" you frequent filled with bytes instead of bass? If you have been answering "yes" to all the above and desire to be an integral part of fulfilling the Great Commission, to make Jesus known to the ends of the earth, we are quite possibly looking for you!
About the Data Sciences & Engineering Team:
You'll be working directly with our Data Sciences & Engineering team. Our team is responsible for integrating and transforming terabytes of data from the many disparate on-prem and cloud-based data sources. Our databases include Oracle, Google BigQuery, and Amazon RedShift and we extract data from enterprise systems, social media, analytic systems, and more. We are comprised of data scientists and senior-level data engineers and work closely with data analysts throughout the ministry. We are a closely-knit team - our data engineers have been working together for over ten years! We love to work together, laugh together, and pray together. None of our team has come here by chance. All our staff have made clear choices to answer God's call in their lives, leaving successful positions in various industries to join together and make Jesus known through digital solutions.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Supporting data analysts, data scientists, and other data consumers by providing them with large, complex, decision-making datasets
• Creating, scheduling, maintaining, and debugging ETL and ELT processes
• Data cleansing and data wrangling to prepare structured and unstructured data for various modes of consumption including AI, ML, statistical models, analysis, dashboards, etc.
• Gathering specific requirements and suggesting solutions
• Providing mentoring to less senior engineers in coding best practices and problem solving
• Troubleshooting and debugging
• Optimizing performance
• Staying up-to-date with new technology trends
• Getting Hands-on Training from Senior Team Members
• Getting Training through Conferences
• Drinking & Making Coffee
• Going to Company Parties
SKILLS YOU NEED TO HAVE:
• Proven experience as a Data Engineer
• Extensive experience working with Enterprise databases and ETL tools
• Strong technical expertise with complex ETL/ELT flows and data pipelines
• In-depth knowledge of modern programming languages and platforms like Python, Oracle, BigQuery, Google Cloud Platform, R, SQL, Scala
• Comprehensive knowledge of Modern Data Warehouse design principles and architecture
• Proficiency in Data Modeling principles
• Ability to perform in a team environment and yet work independently
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to work independently and coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive/confidential situations and information
It is a plus if you also have experience with:
• Apache Airflow or GCP Composer
• Geospatial queries
• Deep love for Jesus Christ
• Deep desire to share the Gospel with the world
• Willingness to receive and respond to feedback (it's not personal)
• Living in or willing to relocate to Orlando, Florida
• BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field
• High School Diploma
To apply directly with this company, please visit https://www.cru.org/us/en/opportunities/careers/hourly-and-salaried-positions.html - mention CFEC.org job posting when applying.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.