The Housekeeping Team at Rollins College is currently seeking a safety and service-oriented Custodian to join their team. The Custodian will operate as part of a team whose primary responsibility will be to perform custodial services for academic, administration, and residential buildings.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Dusting, mopping, sweeping, and vacuuming
· Thoroughly clean and disinfect high touch areas
· Elevator and button
· Light switches
· Restrooms and restroom fixture
· Water fountains
· Common area seating
· Classroom desk and chair
· Refilling hand sanitizing station
· Cleaning glass doors, windows, mirrors, chalk/white boards
· Dusting walls, furniture, and light fixtures
· Emptying waste containers and separating recyclable items
· Maintaining restrooms in sanitary condition
· Assisting in relocating furniture, books, and other campus equipment
· Replacing light bulbs and performing various minor building maintenance tasks
· Assisting with special events - set up, break down, cleaning tables, emptying trash containers, rearranging furniture, etc
· Turning off lights and securing buildings
· Performing related duties as assigned.
Facilities Services serves a variety of roles for the campus community by taking care of the physical environment and keeping things operating for faculty, students, and staff.
The Housekeeping Team provides service and support to create an environment where learning can happen.
Total Compensation Package
· The hourly pay rate is $9.86 plus a generous benefits package featuring
· 3 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO)
· 11 Paid Holidays plus College Closure Day
· Comprehensive Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
· 100% Funded Health Reimbursement Account
· 100% Long and Short Term Disability
· Employer Retirement contribution
Award-Winning Wellness Program
· FREE On-Site Parking
· Discounted Meal Plan
· FREE access to campus amenities (ex. gym, library)
· FREE Full Tuition Waiver after one year for employees, spouses, domestic partners and dependents
· Elementary school education is required in order to read, write and follow basic instructions in English.
· Requires six months to one year of job related experience.
· Knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment typically used in janitorial work and set-ups
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions and diagrams for set-up of events.
This position will work from 7:00am to 3:00pm Wednesday-Sunday (off Monday and Tuesday).
Work requires physical exertion and exposure to both hot and cold weather.
Overtime and weekends may be required as needed for college event needs, etc.
Must be punctual and reliable. Daily attendance is required.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
https://jobs.rollins.edu/en-us/job/493055/housekeeper-daytime - mention CFEC.org job posting, when applying.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is closed.
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.