Standardized Simulation Participant II (Nursing/Altamonte)
Job Requisition Number: 103932
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Type: CS PT
Pay Benefits and Work Schedule
$15.91 hourly up to 29 hours per week.
This is a temporary part-time position
Applicants must complete the entire online application and include work history even if attaching a resume.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (To ensure full consideration all of the following documents must be attached to the application):
Transcripts showing the date of degree conferral; this applies to Seminole State College employees as well as external candidates (unofficial copies accepted).
Letters of recommendation are strongly encouraged.
This position is eligible for Veteran’s preference. To claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application.
Note: Certain functions of the application process work best in Internet Explorer.
The part-time Standardized Simulation Participant (SP) is a person trained to consistently portray a patient or other individual in a scripted scenario for the purposes of instruction, practice, or evaluation.
They learn the history, body language, physical findings, as well as emotional and personality characteristics that tend to go along with the illness. The Standardized Simulation Participant II additionally recognizes the appropriate fidelity requirements for assigned scenarios and assists with the operation of simulators and set up of environment to achieve realistic settings. A live audition is required.
1. Train and rehearse to accurately portray specific types of patients, family members and/or healthcare providers, knowing the history of the present illness, past medical history, physical exam results as well as body language and emotional and personality characteristics.
2. Consistently perform the case scenario to ensure each student is seeing the same portrayal. Deliver feedback in person, by hand, or by computer.
3. Keep all cases and encounters with students confidential.
4. Set up props and equipment in simulation venue to reflect fidelity of participant portrayal.
5. Operate high and mid fidelity simulators to represent physical and verbal responses of patient portrayal.
6. Assist in care and storage of simulators and props used for participant portrayal.
7. Participate in evaluation process.
8. Performs all site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. High School diploma or acceptable equivalency diploma.
2. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
3. Performing Arts experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
2. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
3. Ability to maintain strictest standards regarding confidentiality of all student information.
4. Comfort with discussing/portraying health issues of a personal nature.
5. Ability to participate in team presentations at regional, statewide or national professional development workshops/conferences as opportunities arise.
6. Committed to working in a multi-cultural environment.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
1. Works inside a healthcare simulation lab, classroom, auditorium or similar learning space.
2. Flexible hours and days.
3. Occasional opportunities for voluntary statewide travel.
4. May be videotaped for educational purposes.
5. Standing, sitting, bending, walking, reaching and lifting may be required for certain roles.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Conditions of Employment
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.
How to Apply
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
You must first complete and submit the online application along with the resume, then;
While signed into your application profile, click on My Job Applications under My Cover Letters and Attachments;
Click on the + sign to attach documents such as unofficial transcripts, cover letter and/or letters of reference
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in its programs, activities, and employment.
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
To claim Veteran's Preference for eligible positions, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
This evaluation must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend World Education Services at P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, telephone (212) 966-6311 or email address www.wes.org. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
To apply please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs/ - mention CFEC.org job posting.