Under the direction of the Hard Goods or Production Supervisor, process all hard good donations. Major duties include sorting donations, pricing items, and maintaining processing area in a clean and orderly fashion.
1. Greet each customer/donor with a courteous, friendly and professional attitude; provide prompt, efficient, and accurate customer/donor service at all times, issue donation receipts for articles donated; assist customers with lifting items in and out of their vehicles.
2. Sort donations as they arrive into proper carts or bins and make proper determination as to the quality of donations.
3. Sort, box and label hangers by type.
4. Hang garments in a timely manner as to maintain prescribed production level; sort hang, and barb color of the week.
5. Place and present all merchandise on appropriate racks in accordance with merchandising policies and procedures.
6. Sort and price hard goods (wares).
7. Rotate stock on a timely basis and in accordance with established procedures; bring stock to sales floor in a timely manner.
8. Keep production area clean and safe.
9. Maintain well groomed appearance and appropriate dress code including name badge and vest.
1. Assist in textile color rotation per established procedure.
2. Direct customers to proper area and provide general information as requested.
3. Stay alert and watch for shoplifting; notify store management on suspicious activity.
4. Refer all customer complaints to management in a timely manner.
5. React calmly and respond to emergency situations.
6. Perform other duties as assigned by the Store/General Manager.
The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Knowledge of retail and/or stock handling.
3. Ability to react calmly and respond to emergency situations.
4. Ability to listen and follow directions.
5. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
6. Knowledge of textile articles as related to garment classification (gowns, shirts, pants, etc).
Education and/or Experience
Previous retail and/or stock handling experience is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills and beginner knowledge of utilizing a barcode scanner.
Special Conditions of Employment
(I.e Physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing and walking for long periods of time.
4. Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, push and pull.
5. Sufficient mobility to turn from side to side and the ability to lean and remove items from containers.
6. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
License and Certifications
This position does not require any certifications or licenses.
Apply: Visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=32E954E2CDA35AB3EDFED87C404E3A85 to submit resume and application directly or to find the same job at a location near you in Central Florida – mention CFEC.org job posting when applying. If problems with this link visit https://www.goodwillcfl.org/ and then click careers.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.