Operations Assistant Manager
Clermont - Clermont, FL
Under the direction of the Store Manager, responsible for assisting assigned store. Major duties include assisting General Manager in generating revenue and controlling expenses, supervision of Store Clerk personnel, inventory and stock rotation of assigned areas and providing exceptional customer service to employees and customers. Ensuring Store is in compliance with all PCI and safety regulations.
1. Assist in generating revenue and controlling expense budget for the store and staying within defined guidelines. This would include ensuring that we have the appropriate number of cashiers scheduled to handle business for the day.
2. Ensures color rotation program is followed and maintained, and assists with textile color rotation per procedures in your assigned areas. (Children’s Department)
3. Promote merchandise sales and assist in creating in store displays on toppers within your assigned areas.
4. Ensure that cashiers are meeting the minimum expectation on Change Round Up.
5. Ensure jewelry counter is staffed, cleaned and merchandised appropriately at all times.
6. Monitor store premises and ensure that they are kept in a clean, neat and safe condition. Responsible for all Team Sara duties.
7. Responsible for updating PBL on a daily basis to ensure accurate reporting.
8. Responsible for conducting the 5S audit on a weekly basis and following up on prior opportunities.
9. Responsible for a Facility Maintenance walk once a month with the Maintenance team to ensure the building is being maintained and work orders are put in within 24 hours.
10. Work in collaboration with the Production Manager to ensure ShopGoodwill.com and Winter Park quotas are met. You will be responsible for shipping weekly quotas.
11. Will be the subject matter expert for Ultipro and When I Work within your Facility.
12. Address minor disciplinary infractions/absentee policy with approved documentation.
13. Responsible for opening and closing the store as needed.
14. Responsible for training and developing cashiers to ensure that we are offering exceptional customer service and that all Goodwill policies and procedures are being followed.
15. Responsible for ensuring all training checklists for new employees are filled out appropriately and sent in the Main within the allocated timeframe.
16. Handle employee and customer inquiries in a professional, timely and appropriate manner.
17. Follow procedures for dealing with potential disturbances and problems such as calming loud or boisterous customers, handling customers who are acting in a disorderly fashion or dealing with lost children.
18. Supervise assigned employees; assist in preparing work schedules and arrange for replacement of absent employees.
19. Work in collaboration with the Customer Service Supervisor to write employee performance reviews yearly and have the Store Manager review the evaluation before it is given.
20. Responsible for staff compliance with the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and procedures for Public Protection.
21. Responsible for instilling proper attitude toward safety and security in employees and trainees, protecting the safety of customers, and ensuring that all store operations are performed in accordance with the Organization’s safety and security programs.
22. Maintain well-groomed appearance and appropriate business dress code including name badge.
1. Assists with the completion of a variety of reports including schedules, meetings, safety and store records.
2. Ensure that store receipts are handled as prescribed by company procedures and good security practices.
3. React calmly and respond to emergency situations.
4. Respond to alarm calls as necessary. Must be accessible via telephone.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
6. Must have a working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
The list below is representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability utilized while performing this job.
1. Ability to adhere to the organization’s Core Principles.
2. Ability to operate a cash register, calculator and basic computer skills.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal instruction and or direction from supervisor.
4. Knowledge of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and procedures for Public Protection.
5. Ability to operate Point of Sale (POS) system.
6. Skilled in maintaining inventory, sales, and store records.
7. Ability to effectively supervise, train and mentor store personnel and community workers.
Education and/or Experience
High School education or equivalent is required. A minimum of two (2) years retail and one (1) year supervisory experience. Prefer working experience with people who have disabilities and/or previous Goodwill experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have beginner knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and Internet Browser.
This position has supervisory responsibilities but no subordinate supervisors.
Special Conditions of Employment
(e.g. physical or environmental requirements, irregular work schedule, required license or certification, background check)
1. Regularly lift and /or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
2. Vision abilities required by this job include: close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
3. Standing and walking for long periods of time.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
License and Certifications
Valid Florida Driver’s License with a clean driving record and current private auto insurance policy.
Apply: Visit https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs?clientkey=32E954E2CDA35AB3EDFED87C404E3A85 to submit resume and application directly or to find the same job at a location near you in Central Florida – mention CFEC.org job posting when applying. If problems with this link visit https://www.goodwillcfl.org/ and then click careers.
To be able to apply for jobs on CFEC site, Register as a Job Seeker.