The Marketing/Communications Manager is responsible for leading the stations efforts toward positioning itself as an essential contributor to the civic and cultural life of the Central Florida
Generates visibility for 90.7 WMFE programs, projects and initiatives with 90.7 WMFE target publics, including in the media and press, with the general public, community leaders and
with potential funders and sponsors.
This position not only works across the organizational department within 90.7 WMFE, but across the dynamic range of cultures and communities within the broadcast signal.
• Coordinate cohesive marketing and promotional strategies which support 90.7 WMFE initiatives and programming through on-air, online, publications and media relations. Support
upper management with corporate communications as needed and participate in strategic planning.
• Generate coverage of 90.7 WMFE programming, projects and initiatives in regional print and electronic media while developing and maintaining relations with press in Central Florida.
• Research, write and design material as needed for 90.7 WMFE publications including marketing materials, flyers, brochures, website and e-newsletters, annual reports and other
publications in consultation with supervisor. Assist in proofreading publications layouts.
• Lead planning and execution for 90.7 WMFE events, both on and off site, and staff these events as needed. Manage 90.7 WMFE’s presence at all community events and administers
everything from scheduling tabling and representation, to staffing the tables with volunteers, to helping draft introductory speeches for host and coordinating details of host appearances.
This may require occasional weekend or evening work.
• Build credibility and cultivate meaningful relationships with culturally diverse organizations and key community leaders within emerging communities.
• Lead community ascertainment efforts via small community meetings and events that are conducive to engagement around the issues impacting the Central Florida communities.
• Employ social networking and new media efforts to introduce and deepen engagement with the Central Florida Communities, including management of all station social media sites.
• Manage the volunteer ambassador program by recruiting, screening, training and retaining volunteers for our community outreach activities and special events.
• Manage the community calendar, the program we created to provide awareness and support to organizations in the Central Florida area.
• Implement surveys and other ways of communicating with and receiving feedback from the community about 90.7 WMFE.
• Maintain up to date media lists in database and oversee distribution to press by e-mail.
• Respond to listener calls, emails and letters about program information.
• Monitor media coverage through clips and other sources, maintain press clips files and records; other duties as assigned.
• Others duties as assigned.
• Minimum three years full time experience in public relations and/or press relations, preferably for a broadcaster, cable channel, entertainment organization or non-profit institution.
• BA degree in appropriate discipline or equivalent experience.
• Proven experience in press relations, writing of press releases and material for publications.
Experience in event planning and execution desirable.
• Good word processing skills mandatory, preferably in MS Word, with good spelling and grammar skills.
• Proven self-starter with good communications skills and attention to detail.
• Possess a valid Florida driver's license, personal auto insurance and a driving record acceptable to 90.7 WMFE' auto insurance provider.
• Proven Graphic design and web design experience, including Word Press, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Extensive social media experience
• Creation and distribution of accurate materials, in accepted journalistic style, about 90.7 WMFE projects to media and press within deadlines needed by media, with follow-up contact to pitch coverage of projects. Up to date media lists with contact information in 90.7 WMFE database.
• Writing of accurate materials for various 90.7 WMFE publications and collaboration with designer within timetable and deadlines required.
• Positive working relationships with other 90.7 WMFE staffers and department heads to acquire information on upcoming projects and initiatives in a timely manner; constructive
participation in communications planning with managers and staffers.
• Execution of logistical planning and assignments for special events or outreach projects within budget and by timetables/ deadlines required.
• Maintain an appropriate courteous and professional image. Adhere to established values, expectations and ethics policy of 90.7 WMFE and contribute to a climate of service
excellence. Protect the company physical and intangible property through appropriate care, custody, filing, backups, security and similar procedures as directed.
Community Communications is an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks diversity in its workplace and offers an excellent benefits package.